Vehicles with all lights on.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Vehicles with all lights on.

Post by trevnhil »

WHL wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:58 am
jeba wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:41 am
WHL wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:44 am My headlights are checked every time I get our cars MOT,
THat´s not my experience. They only checked whether they were working, not whether they were adjusted correctly. In fact, I haven´t even seen the device needed for that which measures the angle of the light beam.
change your garage then, to be registered for carrying out MOTs the garage needs to have all the equipment,
A very good point indeed..
Trev..
lion

Post by lion »

Just bought a new Honda Jazz hybrid. The headlights are very bright.

It does 650 miles on an 8 gallon petrol tank. Impressed you
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I used to have a Lexus CT 200 H, a great vehicle, which allowed me, on a good day (long journey, good weather) between 4.2 and 4.3 l/100 km and, on a bad day (bucketing down/night time, cold weather, short trip) 5.3 l/100 km. It is with great regret that I had to sell this car because of age (me, nearly 90 rather than car over nine! I considered myself unfit to drive safely).
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Devil wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am I used to have a Lexus CT 200 H, a great vehicle, which allowed me, on a good day (long journey, good weather) between 4.2 and 4.3 l/100 km and, on a bad day (bucketing down/night time, cold weather, short trip) 5.3 l/100 km. It is with great regret that I had to sell this car because of age (me, nearly 90 rather than car over nine! I considered myself unfit to drive safely).
I CANNOT imagine how difficult that decision must have been to make? 🤔

Maggie
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Maggie B wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:48 pm I CANNOT imagine how difficult that decision must have been to make? 🤔
Maggie

Indeed, it was difficult but it was helped by the thought of what could happen otherwise. It was possibly made a bit worse by living in the woods. After two or three weeks, one has had time to start adjusting to the change of lifestyle.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

It's the new style rear brake lights that hurt my eyes - I try to avoid areas with lots of speed bumps (eg through Kissonerga) as so many people accelerate in between and then have to brake instead of maintaining a lower speed.