Amazon Uk delivery

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Amazon Uk delivery

Post by MacManiac »

Given the upheaval of postal services and the woes of couriers, I was amazed with a delivery from Amazon UK this morning. I had ordered an item from them last Wednesday and opted for Standard Delivery. UPS delivered to the door this morning. Gosh 🤫
PhotoLady

Re: Amazon Uk delivery

Post by PhotoLady »

We sent an order to Limassol (a standard sized envelope) via UK Royal Mail on Wednesday afternoon from our village post box by Regular first class mail.
Customer contacted us to tell us it was received on Saturday morning.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

MacManiac wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:52 am Given the upheaval of postal services and the woes of couriers, I was amazed with a delivery from Amazon UK this morning. I had ordered an item from them last Wednesday and opted for Standard Delivery. UPS delivered to the door this morning. Gosh 🤫
Hi
Are amazon UK deliveries being hit with any extra import costs once they arrive in Cyprus ?
Al
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Big Al wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:08 pm
MacManiac wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:52 am Given the upheaval of postal services and the woes of couriers, I was amazed with a delivery from Amazon UK this morning. I had ordered an item from them last Wednesday and opted for Standard Delivery. UPS delivered to the door this morning. Gosh 🤫
Hi
Are amazon UK deliveries being hit with any extra import costs once they arrive in Cyprus ?
Al
The last couple of orders I have received have had no extra charges, but they were for fairly low value items.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have a shaver head coming via Amazon. The cost was just over 20 pounds, but the delivery was almost the same, and then VAT. I suppose I may have extra charges to pay at the post office
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We've given up ordering from Amazon UK. Amazon Germany are quite efficient though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.