Problems with Passport Office courier TNT

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Re: Problems with Passport Office courier TNT

Post by Paul »

Do not trust any tracking of items.
I was once told that my item went from Gatwick to Hemel Hamstead, it was delivered 12 minuets after it left the deport.
You try doing 62 miles in 12 minuets around the M25 at 9.30 in the morning!
dodo

Post by dodo »

Renewed mine online yesterday and it said 11 wks luckily not planning going anywhere for a while
dodo

Post by dodo »

Renewed mine online yesterday and it said 11 wks luckily not planning going anywhere for a while
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

When I renewed mine, last year, I used Gwennie. Her stuff gets sent in the Govt courier bag, using courier service. This proved both very fast and reliable. I had a phone call from Gwennies office to ask me to collect my new passport, just over 3 weeks later.
Dee
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

The other half did hers earlier in the year, online, and it was back with three weeks. Afterwards we were talking to a neighbour and they sent theirs around the same time with the same results. Strangely, the other half’s went to Ireland via the UK address and the neighbours went to Newcastle (or somewhere close by).
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We did ours at the end of September. Took just over 3 weeks. We sent ours by DHL and they were in the UK two days later. Both passports came back in just over 3 weeks but we waited longer for our old ones to be returned. Very pleased with the DHL service in Cyprus. DHL driver now knows us and where we live as M and S use them for their international deliveries.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Ever since TNT have merged / been taken over by FedEx they have gone steadily down hill.

One of the biggest issues is that the hub in Grace-Hollange (Belgium) that almost everything to and from the UK is routed through cannot cope with the through traffic. Additional customs checks haven’t helped the situation either.