New restrictive measures against Covid-19 as of 29 November

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

New restrictive measures against Covid-19 as of 29 November

Post by Paphos Life »

Stricter measures come into effect as of November 29 in Cyprus in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, it was announced on Wednesday after a Cabinet meeting chaired by President Nicos Anastaasiades....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Lincoln

Re: New restrictive measures against Covid-19 as of 29 November

Post by Lincoln »

This in many ways is welcome. However those people who cannot have the vaccine due to allergic reactions etc. Can not now go to a restaurant for \Christmas Dinner. Also the RAT is going to be valid for only 48 hrs instead of 72hrs. Now what about the tourist will the same rules apply to them? Friends of ours will have to cancel there Hotel Christmas break due to these new restrictions.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Nothing about restriction of numbers at public events or in private homes so I anticipate many affected by these new rules will celebrate Christmas at home - or have an early Christmas before 15 December.

Just wondering how all this affects employees working eg in the hospitality sector?

And the tourists?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The restrictions announced this afternoon seem very sensible and are needed. Its now Paphos's turn for a 'spike' in the number of cases. Paphos came 2nd in the number of cases, only the numbers in Nicosia were higher... Now it's the children those of primary school age who are being targeted. Masks to be worn by all over the age of 6yrs. Plus others. Also targeted are those who are eligible for, but have refused all vaccines...
Let's hope that people will cooperate. It's all aimed at reducing cases before Christmas, otherwise the situation may be bleak.
Dee
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

According to the official PIO site statement - no mention of restaurants so not sure why there is conflicting info on this?

• As of 15 December, only persons aged 12 years and older who have received at least one dose of the vaccine will be able to enter the following premises:
(I) closed and outdoor stadiums
(II) theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas, entertainment halls
(III) nightclubs, discos, music/dance and entertainment venues.
• The extension of all other provisions of the Decree in force until 31 December 2021.
All the above measures will be regulated via a decree issued in the following days.

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/upl ... ter_EN.pdf

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

There are very few who cannot get the vaccine for medical reasons and if so, then the system should support them with free tests, however, with their susceptibility, maybe most shouldn’t be out in public.?
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I’ve just read the following on the Cyprus government website:

“As of 1 December, all individuals aged 18 years or older who have not completed their vaccination scheme must undergo a PCR test valid for 72 hours or a Rapid antigen test with a validity of 48 hours for SafePass purposes”

I am not eligible for my booster until after 4th December and have an appointment with my gastroenterologist at the Blue Cross in Paphos before then. Is this an example of joined-up thinking? Am I supposed to be having a test every three days, having willingly been vaccinated?
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

Morning

I'm hoping someone can help us!

We are due out on 22nd December for 7 days. All adults will have had their booster jabs in the UK but we have 2 boys aged 8 & 7 - where do we stand with them?

The haven't had the virus or any sort of vaccination. If we get a PCR test done the day before we travel will that be sufficient? And if so how long would it be valid for?

Cheers

Darrell
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

There are new measures, only announced yesterday.. I think that the boys will need another PCR test after 7 days here. They will also have to wear a mask everywhere once they leave your home/hotel. Mask wearing is very strictly enforced in Cyprus for everyone. When you apply for your Cyprus Flight Passes I expect all the current requirements will be stated , as the situation here is quite 'dynamic' with a Govt who are doing everything they can to try to reduce the current 'spike' in cases here.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

You say that wearing a mask is strictly enforced, we drove through the harbour a few days ago it was busy but only a handful of people were wearing masks, and some of them were around the chin, and there was the usual police car at one end but no police.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The problem is with some tourists, sometimes Brits forcexample, here on holiday who are used to mask wearing being optional in the UK, are reluctant to change their ways when they arrive here... You can see this on some flights from the UK, when despite being asked to keep wearing their masks while on the aircraft, they continue to remove them when ever no cabin staff are near by. Also some others too who think that when they are outside it isn't necessary.

Well done the man outside Lidl on TOTK Rd, who checks everyones safe passes,or travel docs if tourists.He also reminds customers to wear their masks as well.
Dee
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Seems like we may also have a potential new variant to worry about- :roll:
New heavily mutated variant B.1.1.529 in South Africa raises concern- see article below:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59418127