Tax Forms

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

Tax Forms

Post by Mandyr »

Having done our tax returns several weeks ago we have now had notification from the tax office that they are incorrect. The problem lies with the GHS section. We are pensioners, under the €19,500 limit, therefore we don’t pay into GHS so do we have to fill anything in for that section? Any help would be most appreciated.
daveg

Re: Tax Forms

Post by daveg »

They probably want your S1 details....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would agree re the S1 details being needed. If you don't have one then through the tax system you do have to pay a percentage of your income to Gesy.
Trev..
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

Yes, we do have S1’s but where do you put this info? All I can see are boxes to enter money amounts!!
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

You can obtain a confirmation of exemption from Gesy charges from…….

Tasoul Michael at the Ministry of Finance ( medical card dept)

Tmichael@papd.not.gov.cy.

(Message). Please can you send me confirmation that I am not required to pay Gesy contribution under the General Health System Law 2001

It does presume that you have an MEU1 or form S1 from the UK,

Hope it helps - you need 1 email per person

CL
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

Correction. Email is tmichael@papd.mof.gov.cy. ( ministry of finance)
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

You need to advise them in the email of your full name, date of birth and MEU1 registration number.

I think that if you have the S1 only, you will have to register for a a new alien registration certificate. Many of the government documents will ask you for this ARC number

CL
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

We appreciate your comments and hopefully we can sort these forms out now as I’m panicking!!!
daveg

Post by daveg »

I think the info re S1 is required on the first page, where it wants the number, expiry date etc....
Btw if no expiry date is shown on your S 1 ,put 31/12/2021.....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

My wife received an email from the tax office this morning telling her the last submittal date for tax returns to be submitted was the 30th of November but if her taxable income was less than €19,500 she didn't have to submit the form.
I was under the impression that everyone has to submit a tax form whether or not you're above or below the threshold, which is right?
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Next year for 2021 according to my accountant. It was from 2020 but was delayed.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thanks Jeanne, you're a Star.
emgee

Post by emgee »

I thought that I had cracked the system, but forms returned as well. I have lost the plot. Being told my TIC Number is wrong all the time when its the same one I have been using for 17 years. Have a look at 3b2, 2a!

Alan
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

This was a post on a Facebook group and the advice from the Tax Office for a poster to correct his. Not sure if it is useful for anyone here:
I Contacted the Tax Department and they provided me with the information required to complete my tax form.

“Ιn part 4B1 for your pension from abroad delete your TIC and select code 2 or 8.
Pension is subject to GeSY contribution unless you are exempt meaning you are paying GeSY contribution to another equivalent health scheme in another European country and you have acquired an exemption certificate from the ministry of Health in Cyprus.
If this is the case you need to complete part 3B2 of the TD1 tax form”

I have now been able to complete the tax form..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Beachchef

Post by Beachchef »

Hi thank you for posting the information above lofas jan. It worked
emgee

Post by emgee »

Found out today why I can't do my GESY bit on my Tax Form. Para 3B 2 needs to read Exemption type - "Other," and complete the MOH Document Date and give the Ref Number of your MOH Document. Spent a month going round in circles trying to work out why I kept getting error messages. In previous years the Exemption type was "SI".