Booster Jabs...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
The Aquila

Re: Booster Jabs...

Post by The Aquila »

Anyone know how strict the 6 months gap will be?

I would like to have mine sooner rather than later but I will be out of country for a few weeks and leave 3 days before my 6 months is up.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:48 pm My understanding is that it is a strict 6 months in Cyprus, while in the UK it is now 5 months (to encourage uptake).
It should be made dependent on age and on what vaccine you had first. In Germany they recommend a booster for the older folks who had AZ only after 1 month already.
jeba

Post by jeba »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:56 pm
Sheer Khan wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:00 pm Our village doc told us if you have a choice go for the Moderna
Did he or she say why?
Moderna offers a slightly better level of protection than Biontech.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

The Aquila wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:16 pm Anyone know how strict the 6 months gap will be?

I would like to have mine sooner rather than later but I will be out of country for a few weeks and leave 3 days before my 6 months is up.
If anyone else is in this situation they will do your booster jab up to 10 days earlier if you produce your boarding pass.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If you have had your 2 initial Covid jabs in Cyprus, avoid having the booster in UK by the NHS. Reason: Cyprus won't accept the NHS cert when it comes to trying to get the EU digital certificate from EUDCC. Oh the joys of Brexit!

A friend of mine is having all kinds of problem having got into this situation. Now because Cyprus is introducing some new restrictions aimed at preventing unvaccinated people from circulating freely in many public buildings, malls, cinemas, some shops etc. You need the EUDCC vacc cert which has a unique memory chip and tan no,used as a vacc persons 'Safepass' which allow freedom of movement for those fully vaccinated here.

She also had problems with getting her Cyprus Flightpass before her flight back here.

Dee
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:13 pm If you have had your 2 initial Covid jabs in Cyprus, avoid having the booster in UK by the NHS. Reason: Cyprus won't accept the NHS cert when it comes to trying to get the EU digital certificate from EUDCC. Oh the joys of Brexit!

A friend of mine is having all kinds of problem having got into this situation. Now because Cyprus is introducing some new restrictions aimed at preventing unvaccinated people from circulating freely in many public buildings, malls, cinemas, some shops etc. You need the EUDCC vacc cert which has a unique memory chip and tan no,used as a vacc persons 'Safepass' which allow freedom of movement for those fully vaccinated here.

She also had problems with getting her Cyprus Flightpass before her flight back here.

Dee
Hi Dee

The NHS app can be converted to a European digital certificate but part of the Ministry of Health process (Form A) requires a certification from the embassy (not possible as British Embassy here does not provide any such service), so you need an Apostille - legalisation of an NHS Covid certificate (which they will do by selecting ‘other government document’). Takes about 3 weeks and thirty quid. Then you submit this with completed Form A to Ministry of Health who will award you a European digital certificate! However, since first insisting that this was the only way to get a scannable code, Cyprus now accepts the NHS QR code with its Covscan system so it is not really necessary. My son had his vaccine in the UK and his NHS code on the app scans perfectly. You may need to renew the NHS code every 30 days for it to scan but it does work. For those who really want want to apply for an EU digital certificate, this is the link to the Form A with the email address and the link to the Uk legalisation service

Form A: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... on_EN.docx

Apostille/legalise document: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Jeanne,
Many thanks for that info. I will pass this info on to my friend as soon as I see her.
Either way its sounds a bit tricky but do -able!

Dee
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Good morning all,
just a quick question, at 73yrs old and a resident of Cyprus, I have had both of my jabs in Cyprus after having notifications over my phone when and where to get them.
My booster is due in January when the six months is up, I'm in the UK until then so when I return in January, will I get the same notification on my phone to get the booster when ready, or just go up to the hospital.
Thanks for any info.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

CYWALL

Not sure if they will message you but you are allowed to use the walk-in service in any case so I wouldn’t worry.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Thanks Jan.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Despite having my Booster Jab on the 3rd of November it is still not showing on the EDUCC website :-(
Trev..
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

I suppose the other alternative is to also carry the booster jab vax card with you & also scan it on your phone (which I have also done) if there is this delay with the booster jabs being updated on the EU DCC site. Surely then, this has to count as as valid document; irrespective of the fact that the new rules as I understand state it won't be accepted?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I'm in the same position having had my booster shot last week.
I have already scanned both my vacc cards and have a copy which I carry with me, as well as my EUDCC doc, scanned to my mobile, and in scanned paper copy.
Dee
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

lto get booster jab at an appointment at Paphos general hospital go in the main entrance and turn left there's a sign for room B if you turn right you have to go round 3 sides of a square with no signs available.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Is there another location in Paphos for walkin booster jabs or just the General ?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I believe there is only the General
Trev..
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Just to clarify it in my mind - is the 'Main Entrance' to the hospital the one where you used to go in and queue up for registering for doctors appointment (Pick up 'tickets')? Or is it the one further round nearer to the pharmacists?

Thanks, Chris
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

the main entrance next to the coffee shop
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

If you booked for the Moderna booster you have to go to Room C (which is called Gamma in Greek), which is on the 2nd floor. To get there, use the main entrance and turn right where the original vaccinations are given. At the end of this corridor, turn right and go straight until you reach the elevators. Go to the 2nd floor where you will see a small kiosk/desk where you register.
Louise :)
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Not long back from the General after getting our booster vaccinations. It was well organised & we were in & out in less than half an hour.
However, when we came to leave at about 1510 the main entrance was locked with a big chain & people were using the A & E entrance!!