Booster Jabs...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
bmwx5

Re: Booster Jabs...

Post by bmwx5 »

Goverment Health Dept announced today those who are eligable for the 3rd dose booster jab will be notified via SMS time date and location
emgee

Post by emgee »

Received a text yesterday and went this morning. A bit of a bun-fight at times, just like the old days when having blood samples taken. Got there in the end though, thank you.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ha ha, I remember the days of going to the General for Blood tests. Now you can go to any Hospital or Lab.
Trev..
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I arrived there about 5.15 yesterday and entered through the A&E door. There was a sign say have your safe pass ready but it wasn’t asked for. I went around to the Jab room and was the only one there, gave them the card with the other two jabs and sat down. 3 or 4 minutes later I was on my merry way again.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I am hopefully flying back to UK in ten days,had both my jabs and my booster is due after the 6th Dec,can you still do a walk in at the General or do you have to wait for a text?,bit worried waiting for a text that might not happen in time
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

lotus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:04 am I am hopefully flying back to UK in ten days,had both my jabs and my booster is due after the 6th Dec,can you still do a walk in at the General or do you have to wait for a text?,bit worried waiting for a text that might not happen in time
See attached for official guidance from press office:

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... overEN.pdf
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks Ian,will try and find a contact number to call them,problem is although I am over 65 Iam not with GESY,long story!!!!!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

lotus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:12 am Thanks Ian,will try and find a contact number to call them,problem is although I am over 65 Iam not with GESY,long story!!!!!
COVID helpline is 1474.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Lotus just reading cyprus mail dated 1 December entitled Coronavirus sms reminder for booster jab last line says people who are not in gesy can get vaccinated at walk ins every Friday. Hope this helps.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

We're not in GESY. We had text messages on Dec 1, the 6th month anniversary of our 2nd jab, saying we were now eligible for the booster, and we should use the walk-in vaccination centers. No mention of limitation to any specific day of the week.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks all,checked on the covid helpline and they said non Gesy people who want their booster is Friday's only at the General,mine not due till the 18th Dec so hope they can do me early!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I had the Moderna vaccine this morning. The location is now on the ground floor. I went through the entrance to the right of the coffee shop, turned right and it's just down on the left.
I was in and out in 15 minutes.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Called my doctors yesterday about the booster, I was told to ring a different number which I did.
Booked my booster and by the time I finished the second call there was a text on my phone confirming the date and time for the booster!!
:D :D
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Just back from having booster. Very quiet there. I spoke with the man and he said best time to come is Saturday. Weekdays much busier. In and out in 15 minutes.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Jimgym, did you have an appointment or was it just a walk in?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

memory man wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:06 pm Jimgym, did you have an appointment or was it just a walk in?
We had appointments but they were accepting walk ins also. For Pfizer there wasn't anybody waiting at all. Very efficient!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Now everyone is waiting for the EUDCC Portal to be upgraded so the booster will show on the system!
garlic

Post by garlic »

We have also been there this morning and totally agree.
Great service, they are the kings and queens of Paphos!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

galexinda wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:51 pm Now everyone is waiting for the EUDCC Portal to be upgraded so the booster will show on the system!
If it doesn't get updated and show the booster jabs, I hope the stores accept a copy of the vaccination as they are doing now
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I haven't as yet been asked to show my booster jab health certificate. Possibly, the stores, supermarkets and tavernas etc are satisfied by scanning our EUDCC passes. They probably think that what they are doing now is sufficient...

Dee