Snakes,,check under your bed tonight.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Snakes,,check under your bed tonight.

Post by Chaddy »

We found a snake,about 2/3 foot long or more making itself at home in our spare bedroom this morning.Lucky for us couple of oldies we had two builders working on our property and one of them had some knowledge of the creatures..He duly caught it in our pools net and discarded it.He said it was probably looking for somewhere warmer to hibernate due to the time of the year.He said that we had probably left a fly screen open at some time and thats all it needed.
Oh the builder said it was,nt in his job description ( safari hunting ) but would not accept a little extra for his heroism.
Keep them fly screens closed at ALL times.Hope this helps.
trevnhil

Re: Snakes,,check under your bed tonight.

Post by trevnhil »

We do try to keep the flyscreens closed, but we have a dog flap they could come through.
Only once have I seen a snake inside the house and it was thin and only around 8"Long. I scooped it up in a towel and took it outside.
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We get quite a few snakes in the garden and put down Snake Powder by all the doors to the house, sheds, pump house and anywhere else I can think of.
My friend had a photograph of a snake up the side of his house so even upstairs windows appear accessible to them so best to keep those closed as well.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Jim B wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:10 pm We get quite a few snakes in the garden and put down Snake Powder by all the doors to the house, sheds, pump house and anywhere else I can think of.
My friend had a photograph of a snake up the side of his house so even upstairs windows appear accessible to them so best to keep those closed as well.
Yes.the snake did make it to an upstairs bedroom.Where can you get the snake powder.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I bought it at the Home Market , it cost about €16. I've seenit for sale at the Home Centre as well.
emgee

Post by emgee »

I've put a sign up "No snakes" near my back door.

Seems to work.

Alan