Illegal buildings.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Illegal buildings.

Post by WHL »

This should be interesting. Government departments are using Drone technology to seek out illegal buildings.
https://dom.com.cy/en/live/digest/cypru ... buildings/
Last edited by WHL on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Illegal buildings.

Post by Dominic »

Again, don't just post a link. Give people a clue as to what the link is about.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:32 pm I assume your in the do-do if you shoot the drone down thinking it's a neighbour spying on you ! Still people will get away with as much as they can for as long as they can so it makes sence to shorten the leash every so often.
PS Dominic I guess WHL didn't want to drone on about it !
Got a feeling that imposing fines and helping the economy, might be the reason behind this, having said that its only recently having Drones allows them to carry out these searches? maybe Dominic could do a bit of work on the side for them? :D
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:24 pm Read the other day that tax departments in France are doing the same thing, but in their case the drones are sniffing out unregistered swimming pools. Apparently a one-off tax is payable when the pool is first built, plus ongoing taxes as the property value is enhanced by the addition of a pool.

Of course, it's quite well known that many Greek owners cover their pools with camouflage nets, again to avoid the taxes due thereon. Greeks avoiding taxes, who'd have thunk it :lol: :lol:
I once read that there were only a half dozen or so millionaires registered in the whole of Athens, :shock: