Who will be the next James Bond?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

Who will be the next James Bond?

Post by aphrodite »

Not a great James Bond fan (and not of Daniel Craig). My favourite was Sean Connery.

Tom Hardy seems to be the favourite. I fancy (in the JB sense) the actor from Bridgerton, Regé-Jean Page :) . Any thoughts?
Kili01

Re: Who will be the next James Bond?

Post by Kili01 »

Guess work really! As far as II'm concerned Sean Connery was the one and only James Bond. The best Bond Films in my opinion, were the early ones based on Ian Fleming's books.The plot was believable. The acting first class, and the locations used were often exotic. Most important was the lack of the disturbing side effects, such as endless car chases showing dangerous driving stunts, or interminable shooting with laser type weapons of the latest Bond films probably generated in the film companies studio 'back lot'
Having seen the last one 'No time to die' and the previous Bond film, I think both rely too much on special effects. Endless car chases and shooting. Also a weak and hard to follow plot because of the side effects...
The ending of (No time to die') suggests that Bond is no more. Unless he is reincarnated with yet another new actor.
Perhaps its time for film makers to try something completely new? But not X rated, so families with teenagers can enjoy them too. There is enough violence, some of it just 'opportunistic' in this world, today.

Dee
memory man

Re: Who will be the next James Bond?

Post by memory man »

My vote would be for Richard Madden.