Relaxing Cyprus - Diarizos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Relaxing Cyprus - Diarizos

Post by Dominic »

Slow down and relax for a few minutes. Relaxing music plays over a gentle drone flight over some glorious Autumnal Cyprus countryside. In this clip we are flying over the Diarizos countryside, near the abandoned village of Souskiou.

Put your feet in a bucket of hot water and pretend you are in a spa!

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Relaxing Cyprus - Diarizos

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Beautiful, Thank you. What a good quality of the video and nice relaxing soundtrack. Very enjoyable on full screen 42 inch in 720p...

Max
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Amazing video. I could have enjoyed it even without the music but that made it the pièce de résistance :D
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Glad you liked it. Drone footage can be a dilemma as the expected norm is to break it down in to small chunks so as to keep the interest of the fickle viewer. But I don't like that kind of footage myself. I find it annoying when the scene changes just when I am getting familiar with the landscape. So I figured I would take the opposite approach, and record long sequences at 50 frames per second. I can then double the playlength, so a 3 minute clip takes 6 minutes etc. By adding some nice relaxing music it ensures that nobody then moans about the clips being too long.

And I can use little bits of the same footage for regular films too. So it is win win!

And there will be a similar one of Souskiou soon Max, and Trozena, and the Blue Lagoon, and Aphrodite's Beach, and...
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

I think this music would have also worked

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Youtube wouldn't let me use a copyrighted piece without a license. You would be amazed at how good they are at detecting copyrighted stuff, too.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

It's amazing how smooth the motion is. Does it require any post-processing to appear that way?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It was filmed at 50fps, and processed at 25fps, so it is in effect going at half speed. Had I filmed at 25 fps and played back at half speed it would be jerky.

To see the "real-time" version, just speed up the video in youtube. Remember to turn it back down again afterwards, as that setting continues from video to video!

It was a pretty smooth flight, with very little wind. Most importantly though, I was filming with a view to play it back at half speed, so was making sure I did movements etc very slowly.