ONLINE BANKING

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Yogi

Re: ONLINE BANKING

Post by Yogi »

I have used the Hellenic Bank app for a long time now and never had a problem with it. Not sure why it would get bad reviews
norman347

Post by norman347 »

I also have used Hellenic bank app and find it very easy and without problems.
Cheers Norman
josef k

Post by josef k »

I have a Wise account. I signed up when the traditional bank's offshore branches either closed, or made it difficult to satisfy their "money laundering" requirements. Wise is excellent and I have never had a problem. I use it for international money transfers, and as my "UK" bank.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Hellenic app is fine, not as good as some of the U.K. ones, Barclays in particular, but better than Alpha bank app.

Ian
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

Starling's great. I can do an instant transfer from another UK account, send that to my Starling euro account (for a set 0.4% conversion fee) and spend or withdraw it immediately. Also, as Starling's a proper bank, your deposits up to £85,000 are protected.

I don't know much about Revolut. Are there any added benefits to having an account with them?

(I'll just add here that I find the Bank of Cyprus app and online account very clunky and unintuitive to deal with by comparison. I don't have a Hellenic account.)
dodo

Post by dodo »

Totally agree First Direct app great. We also have a Wise account each which we cant knock. Couldn't open a Starling account here, tried getting a HSBC account which wasn't problem originally but problems started when trying to send and receive in post and wasn't arriving in time to open account so gave up on that. Now have a travel wallet with Barclays so have sterling and euros in my account not used it yet, free to all if you have the Barclays app. Heard good things regarding Revolut so might get their card next.
daveg

Post by daveg »

frustrating log-in regime.?
I just use my finger print to log in via my Android phone...works for me ....
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Same here - just use my finger print on my ipad to log in