Max fish pics

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Max fish pics

Post by WHL »

Max have you gone off fish? used to enjoy seeing your weekly visits to the fish taverna, we had a great fish meze in Larnaca, Saturday night.
ast

Re: Max fish pics

Post by ast »

Yes come on Max, another week and no fish pics, let's have a view from Filiotis. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

WHL wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:57 am Max have you gone off fish? used to enjoy seeing your weekly visits to the fish taverna, we had a great fish meze in Larnaca, Saturday night.
No, I am not gone off fish. As I don't like meat too much (except some Italian cold cuts and Nuremberg sausages), I eat mainly fish (3-4 times week).

I enjoyed a excellent Barracuda yesterday at my usual fish tavern and was surprised how busy they were, similar to last week. They had more customers than sometimes in July thanks to a lot of Russians which obviously enjoyed also their seafood and surrounding.

However, when I get funny answers when I post something different (it could be my language or the subject) I easily get a bit upset and sometimes can't be bothered to take my camera with me, do the photos, upload them on here and post it later on.

Anyhow, when they are so busy like they are at the moment, I think it is better not to post about them not to get them too crowded. :)

By the way: many people don't realize when ordering fish mezze, they get fish whatever is plenty available in the kitchen and the large fish to finish with it , has to be from the fish farm. Otherwise they could not hold the price they charge. I prefer the wild caught fish which did not see the fridge yet and that's why I go there .. :)

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Next time you do post a fish blog, if somebody moans just report the post and they shall be swiftly dealt with.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am
When I get funny answers when I post something different (it could be my language or the subject) I easily get a bit upset and sometimes can't be bothered to take my camera with me, do the photos, upload them on here and post it later on.
Max
Max, there are many of us who love to see your photos, please do not let the few who are unnecessarily mean, stop you from posting your photos for the majority of us who enjoy them (and miss them).
Aphrodite X
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Hi Max..I , for one love your posts and photos. I started to use the restaurant because of your recommendation. Barracuda just the best fish..
WHL

Post by WHL »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am
WHL wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:57 am Max have you gone off fish? used to enjoy seeing your weekly visits to the fish taverna, we had a great fish meze in Larnaca, Saturday night.
No, I am not gone off fish. As I don't like meat too much (except some Italian cold cuts and Nuremberg sausages), I eat mainly fish (3-4 times week).

I enjoyed a excellent Barracuda yesterday at my usual fish tavern and was surprised how busy they were, similar to last week. They had more customers than sometimes in July thanks to a lot of Russians which obviously enjoyed also their seafood and surrounding.

However, when I get funny answers when I post something different (it could be my language or the subject) I easily get a bit upset and sometimes can't be bothered to take my camera with me, do the photos, upload them on here and post it later on.

Anyhow, when they are so busy like they are at the moment, I think it is better not to post about them not to get them too crowded. :)

By the way: many people don't realize when ordering fish mezze, they get fish whatever is plenty available in the kitchen and the large fish to finish with it , has to be from the fish farm. Otherwise they could not hold the price they charge. I prefer the wild caught fish which did not see the fridge yet and that's why I go there .. :)

Max
Sorry to hear that Max, always enjoyed your pics, Personally when we dine out we usually have fish meze, only because everything else on the menu we eat at home, steaks, BBQ etc, yes the large fish they bring out is farmed Tsipoura, but it is still very tasty.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Max, I want to say if it weren’t for your posts I wouldn’t have found the restaurant
It’s setting & food is Devine
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
ast

Post by ast »

Me too, have been a few times after seeing your posts and it's a treasure of a place. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
El tel

Post by El tel »

Hi Max , I enjoy your postings and would be delighted if you start posting on this subject again . Having fished for barracuda of the west African coast I am particularly interested when you are able to have this fish. But I do understand you becoming offended by comments . I remember on one of your postings someone accused you of drink driving , how petty can people be.

Terry
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Me too Max. . . . . Go for your life Boyo. 😁 Love your photos.

Maggie B
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Keep posting your photos Max. Look forward to the fish ones while in dull dreary UK.👍