External stone sealer - Matt finish

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
sunspot

External stone sealer - Matt finish

Post by sunspot »

We are looking to seal our external stone to prevent stains and reduce water penetration. Seeking a clear, matt finish that will not mask or alter the colour of the stone. Any ideas?
trevnhil

Re: External stone sealer - Matt finish

Post by trevnhil »

If I were you I would go to Nikonikkos Paint centre. They really do know what they are talking about, and I have found them really helpful

https://nikonikkos.com/en/?SID=v8ja8acl ... n50l8qd3i5
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sunspot, if you haven't been there before, don't be put off by the way it looks at the front which is next to the reconstruction project on Ellados Ave. You should approach them from the narrow road at the rear of their store, which has plenty of parking. They are on the left, at the end of it. I always find their staff most helpful.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The problem at the moment is it is a long way to go to get to the rear (paint section) of the store
I think if I was going via Ellasdos Avenue I would park in the Sklaventis (sp) car park and walk across.
You can walk right through the store from front to back
Trev..
tina

Post by tina »

Hi sunspot,
Have you asked at one stop diy,
top of mesogi road.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Trev,
I wonder whether it would be possible to get into Nikkonicos from the front as there is little space between the dug up road outside and the store front which was shrouded in plastic sheets and scaffolding when I went past last week?
To get there take the turning to your right off Elados Rd, by the childs fashion shop, drive past Sozos, to end of road, turn right, then right again just before reaching Dassoudi Park. Take turning right in to lane and Nikkonicos is a further right turn into narrow road leading to thus store. Takes just over 5 mins if driving.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes you can get into the store the way you mentioned. No problems at all. That is what I call the back of the store and it is where the paint shop /warehouse is
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I would suggest parking in the Sklavanides car park and walking.
Went to Lidl this morning and it was chaos in that area. People were trying to use Lidl car park as a cut through to Messogi Avenue but the exit was blocked off as well. If you go to Lidl best to use the spill over car park.