Driving License aged 70

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
sueb

Driving License aged 70

Post by sueb »

Please can anyone help with the procedure of doing this when turning 70.
Have a Cypriot one already. Got a signed document from Gesy Doctor

Can do you it at the Transport office by just turning up?

What form do you need to complete? Is there one in English to help you complete it?

Many thanks
Sue
Happy to be back on the Island!
trevnhil

Re: Driving License aged 70

Post by trevnhil »

I agree with HIC you need to phone for an appointment.. I actually went to Polis because it is less congested. When you phone ask what documents they need as well as the Doctor's Form.
The other form you need to complete can be done with the staff whilst you are there.. Allow enough days before your expiry date. You get an A4 sized Paper licence and then collect the plastic one after a couple of weeks when they contact you with a text on your phone
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

You need proof of address and last 6 months of utility bills, including meu 3, passport and old licence
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
sueb

Post by sueb »

Thanks for the replies.

Went to the transport office this morning at 11.30am. Very quite.

Went to see the people round the back . Was told to come back once husband turned 70, this is not till 24th October.
Application Form, Doctors signed form and to bring 6 months Cyta bills. Of course will take passport and Meu1 form and Cypriot license.

So confused by this after I read peoples comments. Then also checked at the front office. The guy said the same.

Just thought I would let you know.
Happy to be back on the Island!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would certainly be confused myself Sue.. I hope that he will still have a valid driving Licence
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

sueb wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:05 pm Of course will take passport and Meu1 form and Cypriot license.
If you already have a Cypriot licence, as you state, then you don't have to do anything until it comes up to renewal date, when you have to have had the eyesight test and suchlike. Your present licence remains totally valid. Only those with a foreign licence have to have it changed for a Cypriot one, on condition that you have been resident here for a minimum of six months plus the other things.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I got a text message from the D.O.T. informing me that my driving licence has to be renewed on 1st Nov.
All things are possible
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Do you still have to make an appointment at the Citizens Service Centers to renew your Driving Licence (over 70).

Who knows the phone number of the one in Anavargos Post Office please.
Louise :)
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

I renewed my Cypriot Driving License back in November. Was given a temporary 30 day license which ran out in December. Went back to Citizens Office and was given a second 30 day temp. Was told no problem with my application just very busy. Second temp runs out in 10 days so I guess another trip the Citizens Office then.
souniman

Post by souniman »

If you visit Cyprus Driving webistie it has all the current details and forms required to renewe your licennnce
cyprusdriving.net
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Louise

Husband’s driving licence renewal was due this week. (he’s nearer 80 than 70!) On 28th Dec I booked an appointment on-line for the main post office at Anavargos at https://kepo.cypruspost.post/v2/

I booked a 0800 appointment so that we would be first in line.

Inside the post office near the Citizen’s Centre desks is a ticket machine & you have to scroll down the options to find the one most applicable to the service you require then print off a ticket. One of the women will help if you’re not sure what to do.

When you’re given your temporary licence check it before you sign. When we got home we found that husband’s licence was to start from the 28th December & not on his birth date. The temporary licence is for 30 days but we were told it could take a couple of months before he receives the licence.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As far as I am aware the new licence does start from the date of the application, or the date when the doctor signs the medical form..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

My new licence my third one now. Is dated from the date of application . It took about four weeks to come through all done at the CSC in the main post office.My birthday is 10th Nov the license is from 29th Oct.
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It sounds as if the whole procedure to change your over 70's driving license has got more complicated. When I had to renew mine last June, I made an appt at the CSC, Butcher Boy Rd. Which involved a wait of 2 weeks.iWhen I returned on right date and time, I had to wait my turn in a small queue, on the pavement outside.I hadn't got the license application form,but the main on the door kindly got 1 for me, then kindly translated it from Greek as I filled in the details. I had all the nec docs with me, and the lady in the allotted cubicle, processed my application. I got a temporary license as my existing license was due to expire before the new one came. I was-told to return in 3 weeks and when I did, had to queue again outside. But when my turn came I collected my new license as promised.
Dee
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

My last licence renewal, my second renewal, was done on the 14th of the month 2020 & expired on the 26th of the month 2023, one day before my birthday.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The last time I renewed my Licence was in August.. But I went to the Polis office. Much quieter :-)
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Tuppence wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:56 pm Louise

Husband’s driving licence renewal was due this week. (he’s nearer 80 than 70!) On 28th Dec I booked an appointment on-line for the main post office at Anavargos at https://kepo.cypruspost.post/v2/

I booked a 0800 appointment so that we would be first in line.

Inside the post office near the Citizen’s Centre desks is a ticket machine & you have to scroll down the options to find the one most applicable to the service you require then print off a ticket. One of the women will help if you’re not sure what to do.

When you’re given your temporary licence check it before you sign. When we got home we found that husband’s licence was to start from the 28th December & not on his birth date. The temporary licence is for 30 days but we were told it could take a couple of months before he receives the licence.
Very helpful. Appointment made. Thank you very much.
LouiseCastricum

souniman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:43 pm If you visit Cyprus Driving webistie it has all the current details and forms required to renewe your licennnce
cyprusdriving.net
I have all the forms and details. I only wanted to know if I had to make an appointment or not.