007,shaken not stirred.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

007,shaken not stirred.

Post by Chaddy »

I,ve heard ( down at the pub of course ) that the next James Bond is likely to be a,,,,,well,,,,,member of the fairer sex.Would you be in favour of this :?
WHL

Re: 007,shaken not stirred.

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:40 pm I,ve heard ( down at the pub of course ) that the next James Bond is likely to be a,,,,,well,,,,,member of the fairer sex.Would you be in favour of this :?
Utter B*ll*x, cant wait until they make a film about Nelson Mandela, played by a white guy, or a film about lassie played by a goat, how about making a film about Joan of Arc played by a hairy geezer,, Happy days. :evil:
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Its a strange thing to get worked up about, even if it does turn out to be true. For a number of reasons:

1. James Bond is the name of the character who has been assigned the code 007. What's to say a woman doesn't get assigned the code 007 after Bond retires or dies? Why would that code have a gender attached? That's like saying whoever plays with shirt 7 in a footy team must have blond hair.

2. James Bond is not real. Nelson Mandela is.

If this wound you up, wait until you hear who's playing Snow White in the upcoming film. Now that is absurd!

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:04 pm Its a strange thing to get worked up about, even if it does turn out to be true. For a number of reasons:

1. James Bond is the name of the character who has been assigned the code 007. What's to say a woman doesn't get assigned the code 007 after Bond retires or dies? Why would that code have a gender attached? That's like saying whoever plays with shirt 7 in a footy team must have blond hair.

2. James Bond is not real. Nelson Mandela is.

If this wound you up, wait until you hear who's playing Snow White in the upcoming film. Now that is absurd!

Dominic, yes it does wind me up, maybe just because Im an old Fart, or it could be because as a kid, I remember seeing the lines of people stretching round the block, waiting to get into the local Odean to see the latest James Bond film, staring Sean Connery, waiting for Christmas day so we could see the film on TV, or me and my mates begging our parents to buy us the corgi Aston Martin toy car, were the top opened for the ejector seats etc etc, great memories for us, it was part of our child hood, some things should just be left alone in my opinion.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

But if it can be logically written into the storyline, what does it matter? The current James Bond looks nothing like Sean Connery.

Now, obviously they cannot have a female actor playing James Bond. But they can have a female actor playing 007, provided the story explains why James Bond was replaced.

I mean, take M for instance. They changed from male to female and I don't recall there being an uproar there.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:45 pm But if it can be logically written into the storyline, what does it matter? The current James Bond looks nothing like Sean Connery.

Now, obviously they cannot have a female actor playing James Bond. But they can have a female actor playing 007, provided the story explains why James Bond was replaced.

I mean, take M for instance. They changed from male to female and I don't recall there being an uproar there.

I get what you are saying Dominic, but there are some films/characters, which are so Iconic, that in my opinion shouldn't be messed with, I would enjoy a female playing a secret agent, there's enough writers out there to create a new agent surely, I saw a Dickens TV show recently . were Fagin was played by a Black actor, again why mess with it, Fagin was an East end Jew,
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

No doubt the success or otherwise of having a female playing 007, will be proved at the box office.

For me there was only one James Bond. RIP Sean.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

If it ain't broken why fix it? I don't see why it should be changed to a female lead.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

What if - "THE MAN DOWN THE PUB" was changed to a woman - Where would that lead ?
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgym wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:31 pm If it ain't broken why fix it? I don't see why it should be changed to a female lead.
I thought SKyfall was pretty dull, to be honest. I think the last Bond film I was interested in was Moon Raker. If I had to watch a Bond film again I would definitely go for one of the oldies.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Fifty years ago the very mention that 007 could be a ,,,dare i say it a femail,,,and your mates ,friends,would have thought you had taken leave of your senses.So we have to accept how things have changed,for the better or for the worst?,,well a matter of opinion.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well yes, you do have to accept it. You could always write a letter or start a petition. Alternatively you could stick to watching the older films.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We went to see it yesterday lunchtime.

If I tell you there are two 007s in the movie, would it prompt you to watch it?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

No
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Has anyone seen the new film and if so what did you think?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:46 pm Has anyone seen the new film and if so what did you think?
We watched about half an hour of it last night, but gave up because it was a cam version, try again in a few weeks when its out
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I had to delete a post because they dropped a massive spoiler.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:46 pm Has anyone seen the new film and if so what did you think?
A group of 8 of us went to see it at our nearest cinema on Wednesday lunchtime.

We retired to our village club afterwards and everyone said they enjoyed it, some thought it a little long but we all agreed the scenery and the usual chases were excellent.

Not saying anything more. You have to see it for yourself and preferably on the big screen. Action movies should always be seen on a big screen...

We paid £6.99 per person for the VIP seats or it was £4.99 for the standard seats.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:54 pm I had to delete a post because they dropped a massive spoiler.
Unfortunately it was too late for me as I saw the post last night. Bugger!