Travelling from Cyprus to U.K. from 4th October

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
El tel

Travelling from Cyprus to U.K. from 4th October

Post by El tel »

Looking at the U.K. government web sites it appears from the above date that you do not require a pre departure test before travelling only the two day test on arrival. I am travelling back from Cyprus on the 4th and cannot see anything on the EasyJet website which clarifies this . I have tried to phone them and ended up being disconnected by robots who were as much use as a chocolate teapot.
I would appreciate if anyone can clarify the situation .
Thanks

Terry
PhotoLady

Re: Travelling from Cyprus to U.K. from 4th October

Post by PhotoLady »

"Have Camera, Will Travel"
El tel

Post by El tel »

Thank you Photolady , I had trawled a number of times through the easyJet website and did not find that information . My concern was that easyJet sent me a message reminding me to take the pre departure test despite the fact I was travelling on the 4th .
Thanks again.

Terry
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

No problem 👍 I've become very familiar with it over the last year or so!

We've booked a couple of the easyJet Package Holidays, the first just after the Thomas Cook collapse but that got caught up with Covid and we cancelled under their excellent system of not losing our deposits.

We've booked again since and cancelled again in July this year, rebooking again a couple of weeks ago after the latest Government announcement about no pre-flight test before returning to UK.

However, we didn't quite trust the UK Government to stick to their plans that no expensive 2nd day PCR test would have finished by the date they originally announced for 22 October, to be replaced by the cheaper lateral flow tests.

That information changed twice over a space of a few hours to later in October and then by the end of October.

We've rebooked to depart early November and hope they've got it all sorted by the time we return home!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"