Waking up with a bang on a Sunday morning

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Waking up with a bang on a Sunday morning

Post by Paphos Life »

Residents in rural areas islandwide have been complaining over what they believe to be illegal hunting near their homes since the hunting season started late last month....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Waking up with a bang on a Sunday morning

Post by Devil »

This is Cyprus!

Καλή Κυριακή
Varky

Post by Varky »

Devil wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:00 pm This is Cyprus!
Καλή Κυριακή
I didn't know that Cyprus was a place where ignorance of the law was not only condoned but appears to be encouraged! :roll:
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

It happens every year unfortunately. Cypriots live life their way, and yes ignore certain rules. Anyone who has been here for even a short time must realise that!
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jimgym,
Unfortunately it is not only this time of the year but throughout the whole year.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I appreciate that, hence me saying Cypriots ignore certain rules. I put it down to a different mind set, perhaps that is why things are more relaxed here than in other countries. Good and bad of course come from that.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, sometimes it seems that some Cypriots manage to live above certain laws, and get away with it! Perhaps it is their 'koumbari' connections. However, as a foreign resident its advisable to follow the laws of the land as it makes for a quiet life!

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:17 am I appreciate that, hence me saying Cypriots ignore certain rules. I put it down to a different mind set, perhaps that is why things are more relaxed here than in other countries. Good and bad of course come from that.
Personally that's why I choose to live here warts and all.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

WHL wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:40 am
Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:17 am I appreciate that, hence me saying Cypriots ignore certain rules. I put it down to a different mind set, perhaps that is why things are more relaxed here than in other countries. Good and bad of course come from that.
That was also my thinking! Yes there are frustrating aspects but also a more relaxed aspect, which as I said can be good or bad!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:59 am
WHL wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:40 am
That was also my thinking! Yes there are frustrating aspects but also a more relaxed aspect, which as I said can be good or bad!
No where on the planet is Utopia, looking at everyone lining up for fuel back in the UK, I thank my lucky stars im living here. nothing changes thou, next year the same people will be on here moaning about loud noises.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Nice words until the time one is a victim of that ignorance
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Agree Varky. A few years ago we were showered with gun pellets on our patio, including lead shot. Phoned police in Kouklia and they were round within minutes. It has not happened since.