No Covid test for fully vaccinated people crossing to breakaway north as of Monday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

No Covid test for fully vaccinated people crossing to breakaway north as of Monday

Post by Paphos Life »

The United Nations have announced that no coronavirus test will be required for fully vaccinated persons who wish to visit the breakaway north of Cyprus from Monday.The announcement late on Thursday came hours only after President Nicos Anastasiades met with UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres with whom he also discussed confidence-building measures in divided Cyprus....

Read the article and chat about it below...
galexinda

Re: No Covid test for fully vaccinated people crossing to breakaway north as of Monday

Post by galexinda »

With the rising number of vaccinated people getting Covid and yet are exempt from being tested I feel more comfortable in the company of people that do have a valid negative rapid antigen test result. Especially when we are told vaccines become less effective over time.
Mighty Sprite

Re: No Covid test for fully vaccinated people crossing to breakaway north as of Monday

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Yesterday's figures show over 76% of hospitalisations are unvaccinated so I think I will stick with the vaccinated thanks.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The number of vaccinated people getting COVID isn't rising. The percentage of vaccinated people getting COVID is. Given that more people are getting vaccinated, this is just elementary maths. As the number of unvaccinated people decreases, so will the proportion of unvaccinated people getting COVID.

If you can't get your head around that, then consider this. If 100% of the population were vaccinated, then 100% of the people getting COVID would have been vaccinated.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.