Best airport parking

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
J B

Best airport parking

Post by J B »

Need to leave the car at Paphos airport for just over two weeks

Which place is best?

:)
J B
trevnhil

Re: Best airport parking

Post by trevnhil »

We have never had a problem leaving it at the Actual airport. In fact I have never used an 'off airport' company whilst we have been here
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Always use the airport, good rates and your in your car in minutes, big discount when you book on line

https://www.hermesairports.com/prepare- ... price-list
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

We use the Airport parking too, almost the same price and more convenient.
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Totally agree. Airport parking is easy to book online, competitively priced and so convenient. I even extended a stay online once when a return flight was cancelled and I was late back.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Having once used off airport parking I ended up paying slightly more than prebooked airport parking. Now I always use hermes site to book my slot, and it's very reasonably priced at both Paphos & LArnaca and far more convenient.
J B

Post by J B »

We need to park for 17 days ....

Airport works out at €74 - I can't see anything about discount for booking on line

Autoairpark = €48

Stop and Fly don't give prices

Park N Fly is €3 per day = €51

Am I missing something re "the prices are the same"?
J B
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just did a search on Hermes airport parking , Oct1-Oct 17..... €63.60

how far are you from the airport? maybe a taxi might be cheaper.
J B

Post by J B »

WHL wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:25 am Just did a search on Hermes airport parking , Oct1-Oct 17..... €63.60
I can't make the search facility work - put in arrival date, but then where to put the departure date?
I just looked at the pricelist and worked it out at €74

EDIT - googled a different link and it offered a return date ..... €70.80 - hmm - food for thought
WHL wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:25 am how far are you from the airport? maybe a taxi might be cheaper.
Tala
J B
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

One problem I foresee using an 'off airport' company is finding their location especially in the dark..
I have seen a number of companies off the airport road and also of the main road alongside the motorway.. But I wouldn't like to have to find one in the dark
Trev..
Mike1940

Post by Mike1940 »

With Autoairparks they will collect your car at the terminal building and deliver it back to you on your return. I think you will be able to find the brightly lit terminal building at any time unless they turn all the lights out.
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Just used Park n Fly,€30 for 10 days, went to start car battery dead no problem though they had it started in a minute, if it had been at the airport I would have had to call someone in, worth bearing in mind.
Galini

Post by Galini »

I always use Park n Fly. I prefer not to leave my car at the airport itself where any number of other people could park next to it and ding the bodywork with their car doors and luggage.
It is fractionally less convenient than just walking out of the Arrivals hall and straight to my car but I simply phone Park n Fly just before I go through the customs exit gates and the longest I have ever waited for the car or mini bus to meet me is about 5 minutes and on most occasions it is already there waiting for me just opposite the drop off area.
J B

Post by J B »

Morning all from soggy Shropshire.

Just following up with a conclusion/Résumé

Decided on the 'easy option' and chose the airport uncovered long stay - it cost €67.20

Arrived at the car park entrance to find it coned off :shock:
"Is closed" or some such rebuke from the gentlemen manning the cones
"But, I've booked"
"You pay?"
I showed him my booking form and he moved the cones and let me in!

I suspect that because it was soooo busy (*) that they had decided to limit entrance otherwise it would have been completely full!
Parked up and ambled across to the airport.

* = arrived in the car park around 7.25pm and by the time we had checked our cases in and had our documents checked several times ... it was 9.10pm when we sat down in the departure hall!!!
I suspect that a few more staff at the baggage inspection area (two belts not open) and passport checking (only half the desks manned) may have made for a more pleasurable experience, but ... hey ho!
J B