ARC Alien Cards

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jim B

ARC Alien Cards

Post by Jim B »

Did Immigration stop issuing ARC Alien Cards and if so when. I know my wife was issued one in 2008 which was four years after joining the EU.
Kili01

Re: ARC Alien Cards

Post by Kili01 »

We got Cyprus ID cards shortly after Cyprus joined the EU which used our ARCnumbers.But, not long after apparently some expats tried to use them for international air travel which they were never intended for, as they didn't have passport numbers on them... Maybe because of this Cyprus Govt publicised that these cards would not be renewed when they expired. And they weren't. Though my old card is still acceptable in Cyprus to prove my identity.
Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Perhaps I should have added that my old Cyprus ID is still useful in places like the post office, the bank or Govt Offices on occasion...

Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I was talking about the little buff coloured book I was given when I first went to Immigration. I was talking to a friend came here in 2014 and he said he wasn't issued with one.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

We came to Cyprus in May 1994 and of course had the brown Alien Booklet. Later it was changed for the ID Card, which as you know they stopped issuing. Don't know if there is a 'new' kind of Alien Registration Card or is it the MEU1 or MUK Version now.
Louise :)
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Originally issued with the Brown Alien Book I exchanged it for the MEU1 Yellow Slip in 2011.
I currently have the MEU3 (I did not apply for it after 5 years residence because I did not have all the required paperwork at that time).
My Cyprus ID card was last issued in 2010 and expired in 2020.
No idea what is happening since January 2021.
jeba

Post by jeba »

I appliedf or a MEU3 and when they contacted me I asked whether I could have it in card format I was told that this was only available for non-EU citizens. So my guess is that Brits can have the card format.