Ammati Cave

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Ammati Cave

Post by Dominic »

Ammati Cave, and the little gorge it resides in, lie a stone's throw from Kallepeia. I have admired the area from afar for a number of years, but had yet to explore it. A friend tipped me off about the cave, so I decided to investigate...

Read the article and chat about it below...

ammati-cave_masthead.jpg
ammati-cave_masthead.jpg (216.86 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Ammati Cave

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Wow, so beautiful and thank you for showing us this fascinating area, because never ever in my life I would dare to go to that cave or gorge. Pff.
Louise :)
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Looks like another bloody dangerous adventure but enjoyed watching. As long as you keep presenting I will keep watching. Your videos are like a breath of fresh air
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Great video I admire your taste of adventure and grateful you share your interesting videos with us, so we can appreciate these fabulous discoveries

I do thing that Cyprus Tourist Board have missed a great opportunity to promote “adventure’ on the island but then they might destroy this nature beauty
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Perhaps showing tourists around inaccessible gorges and hidden caves is a bit risky, even in a country that doesn't really do 'risk assessments'...
Best to leave these places as they are wild and unspoilt.

Dee
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Very impressing photos from the cave and the area. What I also like are the blue stalactites at photo 22 + 23. Obviously there must be also some copper in the surrounding rocks which is responsible for the blue colour.

Thank you for the blog and video. The tour was perhaps less dangerous than your last one walking the Gorge near Martiri bridge??

Very important for new, different tourists to show that Cyprus is not only Sun, Beach and booze.

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:54 pm Perhaps showing tourists around inaccessible gorges and hidden caves is a bit risky, even in a country that doesn't really do 'risk assessments'...
Best to leave these places as they are wild and unspoilt.

Dee
Oh put a sock in it. It is boring now.

Besides, the photographs leave nothing to the imagination. People can see them and judge for themselves, as you can see by some of the other comments.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yioula wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:36 pm Great video I admire your taste of adventure and grateful you share your interesting videos with us, so we can appreciate these fabulous discoveries

I do thing that Cyprus Tourist Board have missed a great opportunity to promote “adventure’ on the island but then they might destroy this nature beauty
I think they do promote Cyprus as an adventure destination. But I doubt neither you nor I read the magazines or whatever where the promotions are run. I've often wondered about the adventure holidays that occur in Troodos, for instance. Where do they get advertised? But people go on them.