Air Pump

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jim B

Air Pump

Post by Jim B »

Has anyone had an Air Pump fitted and could tell me the approximate cost and if they've managed to get the subsidy from the government?
Many thanks
JimX

Re: Air Pump

Post by JimX »

Heat Pump? if so very expensive as I found out...
Jim.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Air Pump/ Heat Pump, same same.
Presently we heat our place with fuel oil and it's expensive. We have a 5Kw photovoltic panel system which has lots of surplus capacity so we're looking at using that surplus to help heat the house and the pool.
The government I understand are giving in the region of 66% subsidy though I've been promised subsidies before on our pool solar pump and photovoltic system and never received a cent.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I would have thought that Max would be on to this
David
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Uncle D wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:37 am I would have thought that Max would be on to this
I'm going to call in to Green Air on Monday to find out. I would guess they are different prices depending on the size of the property you need to heat.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Jim B wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:36 am
Uncle D wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:37 am I would have thought that Max would be on to this
I'm going to call in to Green Air on Monday to find out. I would guess they are different prices depending on the size of the property you need to heat.
Well Jim, that is the best idea. Speak to Andreas in the office. As far as I know you should not expect that one heat pump runs your pool AND the house at the same moment, even when you have underfloor heating. What is handy in your case is the fact that your solar pool pump equipment is in the same shed with your fuel oil heating system which makes the installation work of heat pumps more easy, as all piping is there already. Green Air should take this in consideration when they give you a quote. Best would be if somebody comes to your place to see the job.

Concerning subsidies: what I was reading recently in the press, the Cyprus Government is waiting for the first payment of the promised EU funds in the very near future which covers also energy, environment, transport (Motorway Polis)

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/09/10/next ... ides-says/

Max
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thanks Max.
We presently have a heat exchanger and solar panels heating the pool so any use of the pump would just be to augment them but generally would use it just for heating so I think one pump would be sufficient.
At the moment the pool is around 30° as we keep it covered and hot water fom the solar panels keeps it warm.
darrow

Post by darrow »

In UK, the Government are back heeling on promoting these because there have been many complaints about their (in)efficiency! Think twice!
jeba

Post by jeba »

Basically, aircons areheat pumps, too. I've hardly ever used my central heating but rather my aircons for heating (pv- powered though). What I'm wondering is whether you could use your aircon for underfloor heating (at least in addition, so that you don't get cold feet).
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jeba
I would think that's one for Max but like you we have underfloor heating and due the elevation of our property we have the heating on most days and in summer can pump cool water around the house which helps cool it down. We don't use the ACs to heat the house as we both find convection heating uncomfortable but of course it's down to individual taste.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

darrow wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:48 am In UK, the Government are back heeling on promoting these because there have been many complaints about their (in)efficiency! Think twice!
We are talking about Armou, Cyprus climate, not UK.

The much warmer air here, which is used through the external heat exchanger, makes it much more efficient. With new equipment one will get in
Paphos a COP of 5-6!! in Winter (COP= Coefficient of performance)

In the UK I would suggest to drill >400 feet for a geothermal heat pump system to reach a water temperature of 14-17 c, however that will be expensive depending how many holes you have to drill to find enough water to run your heating.

Max