Filmon no longer free!!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Poppy

Re: Filmon no longer free!!

Post by Poppy »

Ah so OK you tell them to get lost and off they tootle with no problem and you don' t get a hefty fine and/ or a court summons?
Don' t think I'll risk it thanks!!
WHL

Post by WHL »

[quDo I have to let Tote=Poppy post_id=17008 time=1493717240 user_id=69]
Ah so OK you tell them to get lost and off they tootle with no problem and you don' t get a hefty fine and/ or a court summons?
Don' t think I'll risk it thanks!!
[/quote]
Thats about it.....(Don' t think I'll risk it thanks) thats what their hoping for.
Do I have to let Licensing officials into my home?
Enquiry officers do not have any legal powers to come into your home unless they have a search warrant from a magistrate, or sheriff if you are in Scotland. They have an implied right under common law to come to your front door and let you know they are there.

If you refuse them entry they will have to leave, but TV Licensing may then use other methods such as a warrant from court, or detection equipment, which can find if there is TV receiving equipment at a home.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

For anyone with Triotech Clearstream boxes
STATUS UPDATE: We are currently re-arranging the Live channel line up which should be complete by tomorrow morning. This will be available for MXIII and Zoomtak units.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Chichi

Post by Chichi »

Uncle D wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 3:16 pm For anyone with Triotech Clearstream boxes
STATUS UPDATE: We are currently re-arranging the Live channel line up which should be complete by tomorrow morning. This will be available for MXIII and Zoomtak units.
So anyone with an older box will have to pay for a new Triotech Clearstream box to watch live UK TV?
darrow

Post by darrow »

I don't know if it is relevant, but our mag box is not doing catch up on Sky channels. I phoned the provider this morning and he says it is a problem with sky. We first noticed on Saturday evening when we tried to watch "Lucky man" on sky 1, first broadcast Friday evening. Still not on. Anyone else got this problem, or is it our box?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just checked that program and get a 'File Missing' message.
But we do get that message from time to time on other channels.

Trev..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

darrow wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 10:38 pm I don't know if it is relevant, but our mag box is not doing catch up on Sky channels. I phoned the provider this morning and he says it is a problem with sky. We first noticed on Saturday evening when we tried to watch "Lucky man" on sky 1, first broadcast Friday evening. Still not on. Anyone else got this problem, or is it our box?
Darrow I think you phoned Simon when he was in my house also in Tremithousa, he did not know what the problem was but I do not think it is Sky, as my other Mag (different provider) is running normally in another room, my guess is it is his service provider, it is not your Mag unit that is the problem.
Jim.
darrow

Post by darrow »

trevnhil wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 10:45 pm I have just checked that program and get a 'File Missing' message.
But we do get that message from time to time on other channels.

Trev..
Thanks Trev! At least I now know it is not my box or settings. They are taking some time to fix it though!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Darrow..

Another point not all of your programs are supplied by Sky, it is a service provider problem nothing to do with Filmon, (sorry folks) I'm sure it will be sorted very soon.

Regards Jim
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

I checked on my Mag box this morning and was able to view OK. I do get 'file missing' error message sometimes on catch-up but I find if you try two or three times eventually it plays. Maybe worth another try X :D
JimX

Post by JimX »

We are getting no catchup at all or Atlantic, as posted a server problem but not for all of Simons clients, I'm sure they will sort it out soon.
Jim.
holitec

Post by holitec »

often catch up problems are due to the buffer size being too large. Go to settings, advanced settings, video. I normally set this to zero, but 1 or 2 seems ok, higher can cause "file missing" on both catchup and live tv.

Regards

Digby
JimX

Post by JimX »

We have tried that Digby of course, it is a general problem many of us are experiencing, unfortunately, although and apart from Atlantic all TV is running as normal, just no catch-up.

Running as normal now! :)
Last edited by JimX on Mon May 08, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Chichi wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm
Uncle D wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 3:16 pm For anyone with Triotech Clearstream boxes
So anyone with an older box will have to pay for a new Triotech Clearstream box to watch live UK TV?
Yup, we had to buy the zoomtak K5C as we could no longer access Genesis for films and series on the old box. Now we can get exodus and live TV for €79.
Seems to be working fine now and we dont have the huge Filmon logo in the top right hand corner anymore 8-)
David
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

Ours was working fine yesterday on zoomtak
garry
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Hudswell wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 9:15 pm Anyone with a triotech Clearstream box (Zoomtak etc) actually able to watch live UK ? Oh that is without resorting to the NTV add on......
Yes, there are a couple of channels no longer available like Yesterday, More 4 and the +1 channels otherwise its working fine. But we now have Quest back, that dissapeared some months ago. 8-)
David
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

Hi Hudswell
I too live in polis and as I said uk tv was working fine yesterday I haven't tried it today
I also have triotek t8
garry
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

sorry to seem dense but I don't know what you mean by what Add on i'm using
garry
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

would you mean Ftv/guide
zorbathejock

Post by zorbathejock »

It.s a pity that UK TV doesn't have BBC1 Scotland even though they have BBC Alba.