Sterling cheque

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Re: Sterling cheque

Post by Sadie »

souniman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:05 pm you have not said who you bank with in the UK but you can certainly open an account with Santander this link will give you all the information.
https://www.santanderinternational.co.u ... t-account/
Thank you, but I did mention I’m already with Santander
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

Sadie,
Can you not ring your branch and ask them. I believe BOC branches tel nos are all listed
Galini

Post by Galini »

chatsworth wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:47 pm If it is not issued by a UK bank it takes 21 days and I think they charge €5. If it is a UK bank, no charge and credited to your account straight away. This is after much gnashing of teeth and running to the manager's office a couple of times and signing copious sheets of paper.
Good luck.
And that is 21 working days :( I made the mistake of paying in a small cheque (£25) and ended up with only a few euros.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Les Bean wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:02 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:50 pm
Sadie wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:30 pm
Seems like uk pensions are giving you the run around, my pension is paid to boc, my wife's to natwest, and at one time they were both paid to boc
Think you’re correct, it all got a bit heated, as they were being more & more difficult.
I think the final last email to them threatening to get the financial ombudsman involved shifted them into action.
You would think I was the only person to live abroad and trying to claim my pension, idiots!
Absolutely ridiculous service from them, but I suppose now at least we know what we need to do with the other pension providers, so every cloud and all that 🙂
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

chatsworth wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:13 pm Sadie,
Can you not ring your branch and ask them. I believe BOC branches tel nos are all listed
All sorted now thanks