UK TV

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tomd

UK TV

Post by tomd »

Any advise please on best method to use to view UK TV whilst I am in Cyprus staying in a villa, I used to use Sky Go but since brexit i believe this method no longer works only here for a month so don't really want to set up a long term contract.

Thanks

Tom
Anarita John

Re: UK TV

Post by Anarita John »

I have installed Smart DNS on my modem. I can watch all UK tv on my Amazon Kindle stick and all of my Android devices. Had a problem with it initially as we have the new cyta modem. Everything worked perfectly on my firestick and pc. However, nothing would work on my android devices. A friend who had already succesfully installed it on his system came round to help and he could not get any UK tv to work on Android devices. He even took my Samsung tablet to his house, with the earlier modem model, and it worked perfectly.

I was not very happy and was going to exchange my modem. However, I tried something else. I had an old Netgear extension router which I had not used for a long time. I wirelessly connected this and placed it in our hallway. I then connected the Android devices to this and, hey presto, they worked.

Smart DNS give you a 7 day free trial and will email you with a reduced rate offer, so you can try it out. Unlike a VPN, the connection does not slow you down. ITV, Channel4 and 5 are perfect, as is Amazon Prime and Netflix. BBC sometimes buffers. It is fairly easy to install, but I initially had difficulty getting into the cyta modem. However a friend helped.

The other solution is subscibing to and installing a VPN.I used Hotspot Shield for years, but quite often the UK channels recognised I was using a vpn and blocked me. Amazon Prime did not work with it.
Anarita John

Re: UK TV

Post by Anarita John »

It must have. It was only as a last resort that I tried my old Netgear extender, and it worked. Smart DNS works perfectly on the Fire Stick through our latest model cyta router. It was only on our old Samsung Tablets that it did not work. However, really pleased that we can watch all of UK tv without any buffering and catchup without being thrown out of the program and then having to find out were you are up to. Our neighbours with clstrm and others with more expensive systems all suffer from buffering and programmes crashing.