Rear windscreen.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Rear windscreen.

Post by WHL »

nholleran wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 am Ours rear screen got broken Sunday insurance covers it, but i dont just want to take it anywhere as there are rain sensors ect so would like names of reputable companies that undertake this type of work if possible.
Thanks Neil.
If your Insurance company allow you to choose who does the repair, go to the main dealer for your car make, they will get the screen from the car company and fit this for you, we had the same thing a few years ago, our windscreen cracked, I didnt want one of these Chinese copies, so the main VW dealer ordered one for us, so it was the correct tint etc, then fitted for us.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

A friend recently had the windscreen go (major crack) on their Range Rover. The replacement took several weeks to arrive and If i remember correctly cost about €1900. It has a number of sensors built into the screen, hence the price, the insurance excess he had to pay was €820.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

WOW!! 820 euros excess is a lot to pay.. I have 200 euros excess, but the glass is covered with the insurance policy, and no excess to pay.
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You are doing right in looking for the best place for a replacement to be fitted.
I had a wing mirror glass replace and they just ignored the electrics inside the wing mirror to move the glass. They just stuck it in with a load of glue, now it will not move even by hand ..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

It depends on what insurance you have, I have full comp, there was no charge whatsoever for the new windscreen, they also gave me a car to drive around in, for a couple of days, free of charge while it was off the road for a couple of days, that is with Atlantic insurance,
WHL

Post by WHL »

nholleran wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:27 am WHL that is exact thoughts, we are located in Paphos and there are know main dealerships for Mazda and the problem its tempered safety glass we do not have any glass at all.
Main dealers every time, if you have full insurance check that you might be eligible for a curtesy car, free of charge.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Autoglass Trikkas Paphos recently did my front windscreen Mercedes with rain sensors etc using OEM windscreen No excess to pay.
WHL

Post by WHL »

nholleran wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:18 am Thanks for the replies, WHL i am with Atlantic got the C E Policy, the only problem there office is closed for holidays rang the 24 hour rescue line said i was covered and would get back to today but really wanted to go direct into the office and sort it.
Very easy process, go to office, the guy will come out to see the damage, go back in, fill in form, they will ask you who you want to do the repair, then go to the main dealer and arrange a date to get it repaired, don't forget to ask if you are eligible for a curtesy car. good luck.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Sadly it is a fact of life here that many firms close down for 2 weeks in August. At least your car is usable
Trev..