Young girl in hospital after being bitten by viper

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Young girl in hospital after being bitten by viper

Post by Paphos Life »

A nine-year-old girl is being treated in Makarios Hospital after being bitten by a viper in Paphos.It is the second case of a viper biting a child within a few days after a six-year-old boy was bitten last week....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Maggie B

Re: Young girl in hospital after being bitten by viper

Post by Maggie B »

Oh my word. The poor family must have been worried sick.

Glad to hear she will recover. 😊

MB
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Maggie,

Vipers are dangerous beasties but I believe the last fatality was over 50 years ago when an old woman was bitten. The black hairy monster, Beardie, whom you met, was bitten in the chest by one but, happily, he survived after a couple of weeks or so of misery and putting up with vets.

I believe that the worst things can happen are around multiple necrosis of the bite site, leading in bad cases to the loss of limbs – granted, more than bad enough. They are certainly not good things for kids to play with.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I find this story hard to believe but a cobra is nothing like a BNV– totally different species
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Aye Brian, and I bet you were worried sick about yon beautiful big boy . . . . . .just like you would have been had one of your children had been bitten.

You may have a big brain Boyo but, I reckon you've still got a big heart too. ❤

My fear is irrational. I am not afraid of being bitten . . . . I am just petrified of. . . . . . . .Even Slow Worms!!! And that's just not right, however I am who I am. X
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Maggie B wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:01 pm You may have a big brain Boyo but, I reckon you've still got a big heart too. ❤
You are a wee winsome lass, but I no longer have a big brain – eaten by dementia – and my big heart has been crushed by my broken back (literally)!