Vaccination? Embarassing get out of this one.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Vaccination? Embarassing get out of this one.

Post by Chaddy »

The wife and i where sat drinking yesterday with another couple we new slightly.The guy said to us" have you had the jab or been tested?" I said oh yes we have both had the jab. He said yes but have you been tested.We said no,again saying we have had the jab.He said " we are moving tables because you two could be carrying,we are NOT BECAUSE WE HAVE BOTH BEEN TESTED THIS MORNING. :?
Cappielow1

Re: Vaccination? Embarassing get out of this one.

Post by Cappielow1 »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:37 pm The wife and i where sat drinking yesterday with another couple we new slightly.The guy said to us" have you had the jab or been tested?" I said oh yes we have both had the jab. He said yes but have you been tested.We said no,again saying we have had the jab.He said " we are moving tables because you two could be carrying,we are NOT BECAUSE WE HAVE BOTH BEEN TESTED THIS MORNING. :?
Good way of not standing your round🤣
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Mmmmmm,so according to this guy we have had the jab yet we can still get the virus and spread it :shock: whats the point?
jeba

Post by jeba »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:50 pm Mmmmmm,so according to this guy we have had the jab yet we can still get the virus and spread it :shock: whats the point?
The point is that your a lot less likely to do it than if you were unvaccinated.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

The virus will spread in the same way it always has done whether your vaccinated or not - But if you have been vaccinated you have less chance to become seriously ill or die, But if you do catch it you can pass it on even though it may not effect you.
Chaddy
As most of your troubles seem to arise with your drinking buddies, I would change pubs or give up drinking.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well you dodged a bullet not having to sit and talk to a couple of idiotic anti-vaxxers, so well done on that front.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Today I decided to have the test. I am double vaccinated (March). Went along and had the Rapid Antigen Test. Half hour later the result came through NEGATIVE. Glad I did it. I will probably do the same again in the future. Just to be on the safe side.
All things are possible
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:47 pm The virus will spread in the same way it always has done whether your vaccinated or not - But if you have been vaccinated you have less chance to become seriously ill or die, But if you do catch it you can pass it on even though it may not effect you.
Chaddy
As most of your troubles seem to arise with your drinking buddies, I would change pubs or give up drinking.
y bany banter y

" troubles with drinking buddies? I would re phrase it with friendly banter with your mates in your friendly local....Keeps my octogenarian brain active.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I just assume there is the possibility everyone else I encounter may have Covid, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated or not.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Chaddy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:42 am
71 Trans Am wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:47 pm The virus will spread in the same way it always has done whether your vaccinated or not - But if you have been vaccinated you have less chance to become seriously ill or die, But if you do catch it you can pass it on even though it may not effect you.
Chaddy
y bany banter y

" troubles with drinking buddies? I would re phrase it with friendly banter with your mates in your friendly local....Keeps my octogenarian brain active.
If it was friendly banter why are you even posting about it here? The tone of the initial post was anything but friendly banter. The other people got up and moved to a different table.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Dominic wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am
Chaddy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:42 am
Chaddy
y bany banter y

If it was friendly banter why are you even posting about it here? The tone of the initial post was anything but friendly banter. The other people got up and moved to a different table.
Yes your right,i was replying to transam who said i was having " troubles "..What troubles? the couple who decided that we where a risk to them for not being tested did not cause us " trouble ",in fact they did us a favour we where not to keen on them anyway..
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Chaddy

I was referring to many of your previous posts regarding your conversation's and advice given to you by " The Man down The Pub" and then you add this post to add to your Trauma's - Another episode Down at the Pub.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

71 Trans Am wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:41 am Chaddy

I was referring to many of your previous posts regarding your conversation's and advice given to you by " The Man down The Pub" and then you add this post to add to your Trauma's - Another episode Down at the Pub.
Ok i see the funny side.Watch this space for my next episode of " down at the pub "
staffie

Post by staffie »

bantering in the pub, you take it or leave it, many kind hearted souls often have fun giving you a load of banter, also often starting rumors, fake news also.
beware. 🍺
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

They may not be anti vaxers one or both may be on immune suppressant drugs, these stop the production of B cells and you need B cells for the vaccine to work.

Never judge a book by the cover.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

glang3000 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:58 pm They may not be anti vaxers one or both may be on immune suppressant drugs, these stop the production of B cells and you need B cells for the vaccine to work.

Never judge a book by the cover.
Highly unlikely that somebody on such drugs would be frequenting a bar during a pandemic, because too many people refuse to get their vaccine.
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

SO you think these people should lock themselves up in a safe house for the next 10 years????

I think you will find they will live their life as best as they can, will go out probably keep a good space when possible.

I know a few of them, any of them could have been in the bar.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That's not what I said at all. I said they should avoid bars. I would in their shoes.
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

Just think about it Dominic, you are told there is a Virus that will probably be with us for the rest of your life, would you hide for the rest of your life or would you try and live your life as normal but as safely as you can?

tens of thousands of vulnerable British people were told to shield last year, they have since been told, by the UK government not to shield but to take all necessary precautions.

It is very hard for us fitter people to picture this but to hide for the rest of your life is really not an option.

That said, these people may have been anti vaccination, if so I have no time for them, they are killing people.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It won't be with us in its present form for the rest of our lives.

I can easily picture what it is like for vulnerable people, as our daughter has a suppressed immunes system. We have to be careful. We don't go to crowded places, unless absolutely necessary. We wear masks when appropriate and have hand sanitiser in the car etc. We still lead active and enjoyable lives. Recently we've been driving down to the sea for some late afternoon swims. When we do that, we avoid the crowded beach bars and sunbeds. We just find a quieter bit 50 metres up the beach, and bring our own drinks in a coolbox.

I saw the beginning of a film on youtube yesterday, where some expat was moaning about life in Cyprus, saying it was like house arrest. Complate and utter bullshit.