Vaccination? Embarassing get out of this one.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: Vaccination? Embarassing get out of this one.

Post by galexinda »

We had to be careful because of my health situation even before Covid came along and have adapted our lifestyle accordingly - certainly have no intention of hiding away from Covid, just more cautious overall. I wouldn't say my life is particularly active now (although it will definitely be more so when it is cooler) but I am of an age where I am happy to reminisce on the many adventures I have had over the years and watch the younger generations enjoy themselves.
jeba

Post by jeba »

I'm hiding at home anyway. Not because of covid but because of the heat.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

jeba wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:49 pm I'm hiding at home anyway. Not because of covid but because of the heat.
I agree - roll on the cooler months but hope there are no movement restrictions put in place! I really enjoy going out for picnics.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

They were told recently not to shield, as Vaccinations and immunity from previous infections has relegated Covid to a relatively acceptable virus. Last year, it was killing far too many.

The UK Government, like Sweden and others, still believes in ‘herd immunity’ which is not possible with a Corona virus that mutates into variants, yet we still get the crap from Johnson and his lackies, that we are somehow in a safe position. Covid will be with us for more years. Nobody knows how many. The so-called experts are singular voices and most will be wrong.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

So what would your plan be then?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I’m not portraying myself as any expert, but I deal with NHS Consultants every day and vaccinations, masks, proper ventilation are the only ways to safeguard yourself and others. Putting people into indoor spreader events, like nightclubs, is folly. Johnson has pretty much allowed non-mask wearing to be the norm. London Underground without masks, in the summer, would be a nightmare at the best of times, now another folly.

There needs to be thought given to ventilation systems for any places where people gather. There has been no focus on this in the UK at all.

The NHS is also ill-equipped to get back to any normality. Even one covid patient in an ICU ward, stops that being used for any other patients. So surgery stops. Same with a ward. We could easily have forecast that adding small ward units into hospital car park areas, for any covid patients, was a far better idea than the supposed exhibition-centre wards that were created and never used for covid, as there was no ventilated separation.