confused (not)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: confused (not)

Post by Dominic »

kingfisher wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am [From CNBC Health and Science]
Quote:
“CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated
Published Fri, Jul 30 20212:34 PM EDTUpdated Fri, Jul 30 20218:27 PM EDT
Berkeley Lovelace Jr.@BerkeleyJr
• About three-fourths of people infected in a Massachusetts Covid-19 outbreak were fully vaccinated, according to new data published Friday by the CDC.
• The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.
About three-fourths of people infected in a Massachusetts Covid-19 outbreak were fully vaccinated against the coronavirus with four of them ending up in the hospital, according to new data published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people, and could spread it to other individuals”
End quote.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html

Jon.

Given that the figures came from several events, the data omits a couple of crucial figures: the proportion of people at the events who had received a double vaccine, and the total number of people at the events.

If 99% of the people at an event have been double vaccinated, it would hardly be surprising if at least 75% of the people infected had been double vaccinated.

But if only 10% of the people had been double vaccinated, then it would raise a big flag.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Maybe this ICU doctor's take on the delta variant (together with the stats he provides) will help those confused:
staffie

Post by staffie »

The UK government has now gone down the same path offering unvaccinated under thirties free Uber cars, and pizzas etc.
It was on the news last night that some US states are offering prizes of $1,000,000 and showed some guy collecting his cheque.

Ok, not a blackmail, a scandal in cappielow1 eyes, mine, more like a bribe then.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Just a pity they didn't offer incentives like that to the over 70s.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
RLK

Post by RLK »

They didn’t need to, the uptake of 50’s plus has been very good.they realise that the incentive is their and other’s health benefits.

Ruth🙂
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 pm Just a pity they didn't offer incentives like that to the over 70s.
The over 70s already had an incentive.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Because they were the age group most likely to die if they caught Covid
Trev..
staffie

Post by staffie »

yes, at the beginning. now it's just get the JAB.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Of course I wouldn't have refused my vaccination under any circumstances, but I wouldn't have said no to a free taxi and a pizza ;)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.