confused (not)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
staffie

confused (not)

Post by staffie »

now people that don't want the vaccine have to be tested at their cost, every 3 days to Prove they are clear of covid, good.
And people that have had both vaccines, many we know of don't even bother to get tested after their jabs, (common reply, I've had both jabs, I'm clear) still can carry and pass covid on to people.
Is this really fair.

no comments about, get the JAB please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: confused (not)

Post by Dominic »

Just get jabbed and stop whining.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
staffie

Post by staffie »

not whining at all, vaccinated people are the mingerlers, do they get tested (regularly) not what I hear from people, their immune now.
jeba

Post by jeba »

"Immune" might be an exaggeration, but a lot less likely to get infected (a recent study among healthcare workers in Israel showed a reduction of more than 96%). If you were writing with the recent CDC report in mind - that was looking at those infected only. Therefore, on it's own it doesn't allow conclusions regarding the risk of transmission by the average person.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

staffie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:18 am now people that don't want the vaccine have to be tested at their cost, every 3 days to Prove they are clear of covid, good.
And people that have had both vaccines, many we know of don't even bother to get tested after their jabs, (common reply, I've had both jabs, I'm clear) still can carry and pass covid on to people.
Is this really fair.

no comments about, get the JAB please.

Equally though, is it fair that various incentives are being offered to those who are still unvaccinated to get the jab, when people who were responsible enough to be vaccinated early don't get these opportunities?

In all likelihood, those who were vaccinated early won't give a toss about getting an incentive, I know I wouldn't, but why reward them.

What they should have done is made the cost of a test for the,deliberately, unvaccinated so high they'd have to give in and get it.
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

I am also finding it difficult to understand the thinking with regards to those who have and those who have not. If you can carry and spread the virus vaccinated or not, why are the government segregating people. I had the jabs to protect myself from a serious illness, not to protect anyone else. I wear a mask and keep my distance from others to help protect them or have I got it all wrong. I understand young people believe that if they catch the virus then they may well have little or no symptoms and then immunity so see no reason to have an unproven vaccine injected in to them. I read that there was approaching 200,000 persons unvaccinated mostly from personal choice and it seems a split society is developing with those vaccinated believing others are selfish idiots. The government seem to be encouraging this view and punishing those who choose not to be vaccinated with punitive measures which are a real curtailment of their personal freedoms and is against EU guidelines.
It is a dangerous strategy, people have long memories and Cypriot society can be very unforgiving.
jeba

Post by jeba »

chatsworth wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:40 pm If you can carry and spread the virus vaccinated or not, why are the government segregating people.
Because the likelihood that they do is hugely different.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

What happens to those for health reasons have been medically advised not to be vaccinated do they fall under the same umbrella
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Not sure what umbrella you are referring to, but if you are medically advised not to be vaccinated you can get the test for free still.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Rather then charging for tests, maybe charge those who refuse to get vaccinated for hospital treatment if they get the virus and then need hospital treatment?
jeba

Post by jeba »

WHL wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:38 am Rather then charging for tests, maybe charge those who refuse to get vaccinated for hospital treatment if they get the virus and then need hospital treatment?
That's a dangerous path. Then you could also refuse treatment to the obese, smokers, paragliders....
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

The UK government has now gone down the same path offering unvaccinated under thirties free Uber cars, and pizzas etc.
It was on the news last night that some US states are offering prizes of $1,000,000 and showed some guy collecting his cheque.

I say again that this is a scandal and what about those who took their responsibilities seriously and got the vaccine at the earliest opportunity.
memory man

Post by memory man »

NO incentives given in 1918-1920 due to Spanish Flu.
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:37 am
WHL wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:38 am Rather then charging for tests, maybe charge those who refuse to get vaccinated for hospital treatment if they get the virus and then need hospital treatment?
That's a dangerous path. Then you could also refuse treatment to the obese, smokers, paragliders....
True, I was just having an angry moment.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

[From CNBC Health and Science]
Quote:
“CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated
Published Fri, Jul 30 20212:34 PM EDTUpdated Fri, Jul 30 20218:27 PM EDT
Berkeley Lovelace Jr.@BerkeleyJr
• About three-fourths of people infected in a Massachusetts Covid-19 outbreak were fully vaccinated, according to new data published Friday by the CDC.
• The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.
About three-fourths of people infected in a Massachusetts Covid-19 outbreak were fully vaccinated against the coronavirus with four of them ending up in the hospital, according to new data published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people, and could spread it to other individuals”
End quote.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-stu ... nated.html

Jon.
jeba

Post by jeba »

You shouldn´t forget to quote this part:
The CDC also said the report is “insufficient” to draw conclusions about the effectiveness of the authorized vaccines against Covid, including the delta variant, during this outbreak.
because looking at a cohort of infected people doesn´t tell you about the level of protection offered by the vaccines. Which other studies have shown to be 83% for Biontech and above 90% for Moderna, even for the delta variant.

Otherwise one might think you´re trying to manipulate people´s opinions.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Jeba- of course I was trying to manipulate people’s opinions! I’m not the BBC or the Guardian!
I just chose to omit the CDC’s utterly predictable weasely excuse with which they rounded off a hugely embarrassing revelation from one of their employees who quite rightly blew the whistle. I also chose to quote from CNBC which is so far left it makes Corbyn look like Attila the Hun.
Jon.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The younger you are the less likely you are to be adversely affected by COVID and the more likely you are to be adversely affected by the COVID vaccine. It is understandable that they would be less inclined to get vaccinated.
staffie

Post by staffie »

94,000 free tests on Saturday, before billing 10€s per test, 23,254 on Sunday, down quite a bit, how long will unvaxed people carry on paying the charges, it's becoming a lottery for the government, now to reclaim funds back.
one comment to me stop whining, an get the JAB, free burgers in uk etc, seems like blackmail.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Clearly you don't know what blackmail is.