Paphos General Hospital prepares for Covid Patients

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Paphos General Hospital prepares for Covid Patients

Post by galexinda »

The need for hospitalization increases - The number of patients with covid increases

Another 22 covid beds until tomorrow at Paphos General Hospital…

In the context of the implementation of the Action Plan for dealing with the pandemic and given the existing epidemiological picture, OKYPY is developing another 22 beds for patients with COVID-19 , at the General Hospital of Paphos .

The beds will be available from tomorrow 30/7/21 in the morning while if necessary another 22 beds will be developed (total 44) next Tuesday.

"Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Organization has been preparing, implementing and updating the Action Plan based on the statistical data that it records and analyzes daily, with the aim of better serving our patients", OKYPY states in its final announcement.

Translated from this article:
https://cyprustimes.com/koinonia/anoige ... -koronoio/
galexinda

Re: Paphos General Hospital prepares for Covid Patients

Post by galexinda »

In total, 64 patients with SARS-CoV-2 are being treated at the Famagusta General Hospital including six in the Increased Care Unit. Moreover, 41 patients are being treated at the Nicosia General Hospital ICU, including two who are out of respirator, 31 in the COVID-19 unit, and 14 in the Increased Care Unit.

Some 64 patients are being treated at the COVID-19 unit of the Limassol General Hospital and 19 in the Increased Care Unit. Also 39 patients are being treated at the COVID-19 unit of the Larnaca General Hospital and three in the Increased Care Unit. One patient is being treated at the COVID-19 unit of Paphos General Hospital and seven patients are being treated at the COVID-19 unit of the Makarion Hospital.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/655-new ... -thursday/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I also read on In Cyprus', that 'Paphos General' is readying a ward with 22 beds to receive more Covid patients...

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes I-read on In Cyprus', that 'Paphos General' is readying a ward with 22 beds to receive more Covid patients... as before it seems that a high percentage of Covid patients are the un vaccinated or with only 1 vaccine. Why are people so stupid to refuse to be vaccinated? Even some pregnant women, who refuse the vaccine, then catch the virus. Some of them end up giving birth prematurely and are very ill, as are their babies..

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

It appears that certain people think others are 'stupid' if they hold a different opinion to their own.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

It appears that certain people still think others are 'stupid' if they hold a different opinion to their own.

PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:20 pm Yeah, you keep saying, but thankfully the Cyprus and all other governments agree that people need to be coerced into doing the 'right' thing, which is to get vaccinated. It's the only way we'll ever get out of this mess, as low-vaccine countries like Australia are discovering.
People still have the freedom to choose their own path, whether it be to drink, smoke, get a tattoo or have a vaccination.
As children, our parents chose whether we had other vaccinations as many are still doing for their own children but those who are considered adults now have their own choice.

If the choice is good or bad, only time will tell.

Meanwhile, I understand my local medical centre is getting geared up to tap us all with a third round. I've had two goes and haven't fully got over the effects of them and currently feel like a bag of shite.

I really don't feel ready to be having another vaccination.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

galexinda wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:14 pm It appears that certain people still think others are 'stupid' if they hold a different opinion to their own.

Quite right too. Some opinions are stupid. Anybody who thinks the world is flat is an out and out idiot, for example.

Now in the case of Photolady, I would say she has a perfectly good medical reason not to have a third shot.

If the vaccine makes you feel that crap, stop taking it. The. Same thing happened with our daughter during bird flu. She reacted badly to the first jab so the Doctors didn’t give her the second.

But if somebody rejects the vaccine because they believe one of the dumbass conspiracy theories out there, then they belong with the flat earthers , and certainly don’t warrant any respect.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
staffie

Post by staffie »

But if they choose not to have the vaccine and then mingle amongst the rest of us who have had the vaccine, then I do care.

just a minute (hic) I hope that you not referring to everyone, we thought vaccines made you immune, obviously not, people that require safepass to live and eat get tested every 3 days now at their cost, (vaccinated or not), as I mentioned in other topic, brits we meet say, we're OK we've had the jab. situation ended for them in their eyes, the tide is going to turn.
June

Post by June »

I had my 2nd jab in May but unfortunately contracted Covid a couple of weeks ago. Symptoms were thankfully just like a heavy cold but my sense of smell hasn't came back yet and still feeling very tired. So "We've had the jab" sadly doesn't cut it.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sorry to hear that June. But, what I was told was that 2 shots of the vaccine greatly increase your chances of immunity. But if you should get it, your symptoms are much more mild, than if you hadn't received it. So getting away with a bad cold and feeling tired must be preferable to having it badly and being hospitalised, perhaps needing intubation in an ICU.

I hope that you will feel better soon.
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can only agree with what Dee says. Including get well soon
Trev..
staffie

Post by staffie »

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease. A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future.

From Wikipedia.

seems it's people that had jabs think their immune, they still pass it on.

at least I get checked at my cost now as do many others to make sure I'm free from covid, an not pass it on, in other posts an media it's beginning to look like government s rule.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Our Gov website tells people to take the free lateral flow tests only if you don't have or show any symptoms, these are available for anyone whether vaccinated or not.

The same website says if you have symptoms you must not take the lateral flow tests. You have to make arrangements to get a PCR test.

We are both fully vaccinated since before the end of May.

My husband collected a box of 7 lateral flow tests from the pharmacy on Friday as I've been unwell since midweek.

The pharmacy said he should test with them but not me. Also that anyone who suffers with asthma is also likely to show as positive with the lateral flow tests.

Hubby tested negative on Saturday lunchtime.

This morning he's starting with the same symptoms as I have.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

...the opening of an additional ICU ward at the Nicosia general hospital expected to relieve some of the current strain....Citing the surge in hospitalisations, especially among the unvaccinated, Hadjipantelas said the new ICU will provide ten additional beds, while there is a plan for another 12 beds.

He said there are many patients in their 40s treated in the ICU for coronavirus, who have children and some of them are underage.

“Right now, there is a person in the ICU, who is 46 and has four underage children,” Hadjipantelas said. Other patients treated in the ICU include two other men, 40 and 42, who have two children.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/08/05/coro ... -solution/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Which is a very strong reason for those people who think that having Covid is better than being vaccinated against it, to hurry up and smell the coffee. In other words go and get vaccinated now...

Dee