No UK quarantine for double jabbed travellers

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
The Aquila

No UK quarantine for double jabbed travellers

Post by The Aquila »

At last, common sense has prevailed

People from the EU or US who have been fully vaccinated will not need to isolate when coming to England from an amber list country.
The change will come into force at 04:00 BST on Monday.
Currently, only people who received their jab in the UK can avoid quarantine when arriving from amber list countries, except France.
The government said the rule change will help to reunite family and friends whose loved ones live abroad.
Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said it will apply to people who have been fully vaccinated with a jab approved by the EU or US - although travellers will still need to take tests before they arrive and on the second day when they land.
It is not yet known whether other UK nations will adopt the same change. Earlier, Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said talks on travel were taking place between the four nations.
The travel industry has been long pushing for the change in the rules in a bid to make it easier for tourists or those visiting relatives.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57999362
RLK

Re: No UK quarantine for double jabbed travellers

Post by RLK »

Good news, fingers crossed for more when the next uk country review is announced next week.
Ruth😁
sued51

Post by sued51 »

Flights booked - can't wait!!!
RLK

Post by RLK »

It might be best to hold off until 5th Aug just in case. I don’t think they will put Cyprus in red but who knows?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I've been studying this from the UK, where I am presently in 10 days isolation following my flight back from Paphos last Saturday. This first announcement has mixed messages. It says that British expats from EU countries will be expected to register their double jabs with their GP, while those staying with family may be able to do this, also those who have UK properties, its not clear what other expats who may be traveling around and staying with a few friends would do? The announcement also says this applies from 4am on 2 August. ( which appears to be Mr J's favourite time to make new rules).
It seems best to wait a few days until this welcome rule change becomes clearer..
Dee
RLK

Post by RLK »

PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:38 pm I've been studying this from the UK, where I am presently in 10 days isolation following my flight back from Paphos last Saturday. This first announcement has mixed messages. It says that British expats from EU countries will be expected to register their double jabs with their GP, while those staying with family may be able to do this, also those who have UK properties, its not clear what other expats who may be traveling around and staying with a few friends would do? The announcement also says this applies from 4am on 2 August. ( which appears to be Mr J's favourite time to make new rules).
It seems best to wait a few days until this welcome rule change becomes clearer..
Dee
Dee

Where does it say that about the U.K GP in this announcement? Or are you still referring to the initial announcement from last week that which was about U.K. residents rather than U.K. nationals?

Confused.

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Dominic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:31 pm Look here:

https://www.paphoslife.com/news/good-ne ... lers-to-uk
Dominic,

Is that for me or Dee?

Ian
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I am going by the UK.Gov email, which is far more accurate than any commercial news releases. The latest one was issued this afternoon. But even that only has a very short announcement about the British Govt change of rules on 2nd August, it says people from EU countries and the USA, fully vaccinated, are going to be allowed to travel. It may still be subject to amendment.
Basically, the requirement to self isolate for 10 days will go, for fully vaccinated travelers.
But PCR tests still required 72 hrs before departure from Amber list country, and a test must be booked before departure, for the 2nd day after arrival in the UK. Also the Passenger locator form seems to be still required. The bit about the GP, may have been one of Boris's remarks, it is not mentioned in the Gov.UK email. Best to read Gov.UK travel emls for definite requirements before traveling.

Dee
RLK

Post by RLK »

PolemIan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:55 pm
Kili01 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:38 pm I've been studying this from the UK, where I am presently in 10 days isolation following my flight back from Paphos last Saturday. This first announcement has mixed messages. It says that British expats from EU countries will be expected to register their double jabs with their GP, while those staying with family may be able to do this, also those who have UK properties, its not clear what other expats who may be traveling around and staying with a few friends would do? The announcement also says this applies from 4am on 2 August. ( which appears to be Mr J's favourite time to make new rules).
Dee
Dee

Where does it say that about the U.K GP in this announcement? Or are you still referring to the initial announcement from last week that which was about U.K. residents rather than U.K. nationals?

Confused.

Ian
I think Kili was referring to another announcement about uk residents that had been vaccinated in other countries. They can get their jabs verified through their uk GP and added to their nhs record.
Ruth
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Thank you Ruth, couldn’t understand why the comment from Dee was referring to announcements not related to the content posted in the link in the first post in this thread. Deeply confused for a moment and thought I’d misunderstood the new news completely.

Ian