Aphrodite's Rock Road Repairs

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Aphrodite's Rock Road Repairs

Post by Dominic »

In 2019 a section of the B6 road near Aphrodite's Rock was closed for repairs. Since then, in order to get to Pissouri, you need to take the motorway. We are happy to report that repair-work to the road is well underway. We took our drone so we could film what challenges the workers were having to overcome.

Read the article and chat about it below...

aphrodites-rock-road-repairs_masthead.jpg
aphrodites-rock-road-repairs_masthead.jpg (198.72 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Princebytor

Re: Aphrodite's Rock Road Repairs

Post by Princebytor »

Thanks for the update Dominic, I was convinced that they wouldn't bother to repair the road and we would be left with the A6 diversion permanently.
The trip to Paps at Pissouri is an absolute pleasure down the B6................gets me volunteering to do the shopping !!!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It looks like quite an engineering feat to rebuild the new section. It will be great to have the B6 open as an alternative to using the motorway.

Dee
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

I'm intrigued by the white (?) excavator that seems to be sat at a level quite a lot below the road surface.

How far down are they taking the excavation? Surely if there had been movement that far down then the whole road construction would have gone with it.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I would assume that they have to go down that far because of the erosion or weakening of the area well beneath the road surface.