GESY at its best

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

GESY at its best

Post by MacManiac »

My darling wife had a heavy fall in Paphos a fortnight ago. We chose to go back to Polis Medical Centre and Ann was checked, cleaned up, stitched and made comfortable. Later that day we returned for X-rays and told both wrists “may” have fractures. The orthopaedic surgeon visited a couple of days later and arranged a CT scan at Evangelismos. All was completed with charm and competence and Ann was told there were fractures on both wrists.

She was told to visit her orthopaedic consultant at the Hypocratic Clinic. When she asked when, she was told “Now!”

Off we went and she was seen in ten minutes. She had both wrists and forearms plastered, and a debrief for both of us where options were explored. Five weeks in plaster but his mobile phone number was pressed upon her and she was told to ring day or night if there was a problem. Cost of CT scan … €4 … cost of consultation and plastering … €0

Fabulous treatment, and no delay. Well done GESY.
WHL

Re: GESY at its best

Post by WHL »

Hope she's on the mend, we too had some tests recently, and we can not praise GESY enough.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thank you, and Ann is mending well.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Hope your wife is soon fit and well, my wife has had a bad pain in her foot, went to see the village Doc on the Tues, he arranged for her to see a foot Doc on the Thurs at the Iasis, he arranged an x-ray there and then, result arthritis, operation arranged for 2 weeks later that this Thursday, how quick and efficient is that.
JimX

Post by JimX »

After several check ups I was told I need both eyes Cataracts removed and Lens's replaced, looking for a hospital to do this in Pafos, got a few quotas from surgeons who do this about €1.700 per Eye, so went down the GESY road €6s per eye, first one on Monday next at the St Georges private hospital, wish me luck :!:
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

JimX wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 am After several check ups I was told I need both eyes Cataracts removed and Lens's replaced, looking for a hospital to do this in Pafos, got a few quotas from surgeons who do this about €1.700 per Eye, so went down the GESY road €6s per eye, first one on Monday next at the St Georges private hospital, wish me luck :!:
Good luck Jim.
All things are possible
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

JimX wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 am After several check ups I was told I need both eyes Cataracts removed and Lens's replaced, looking for a hospital to do this in Pafos, got a few quotas from surgeons who do this about €1.700 per Eye, so went down the GESY road €6s per eye, first one on Monday next at the St Georges private hospital, wish me luck :!:
Ann had her first cataract procedure done at St George’s and will have her second eye done in September (to avoid the summer heat) and it was painless and highly professional. Brilliant results - the only downside was the regular drops that had to be administered for four weeks (every four hours).

Good luck.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

And I should add the improvement to her sight … WOW
JimX

Post by JimX »

That is good news Mac, just had a phone call from the St Georges hospital they say I need to be Covid tested 72 hours before the procedure, I have an appointment at the Evangelismos Saturday to get this test I have the vaccination certificate, I was quoted €50s, is this correct?
Jim.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

My wife told the surgeon’s secretary that she had arranged to have a test done at Medicare, cost €50, no ,no she said you go to the General for test the Government will pay, they will call you, her procedure is being carried out thro GESY
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I also know someone who had an op at the Evangelismos a month ago, but they had the Covid test at the General for either No charge, or just a few euros.
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

JimX wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:09 pm That is good news Mac, just had a phone call from the St Georges hospital they say I need to be Covid tested 72 hours before the procedure, I have an appointment at the Evangelismos Saturday to get this test I have the vaccination certificate, I was quoted €50s, is this correct?
My wife had a small op at Iasis 2 or 3 months ago, arranged through GESY. Had the PCR test at Paphos General. There’s a small portable building in the car park where they take the sample through the window. All done before I’d got comfy waiting in the car and the results were confirmed by text and to the Iasis. No charge.

Ian
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

JimX wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:09 pm That is good news Mac, just had a phone call from the St Georges hospital they say I need to be Covid tested 72 hours before the procedure, I have an appointment at the Evangelismos Saturday to get this test I have the vaccination certificate, I was quoted €50s, is this correct?
Ann was tested at a private clinic in Polis on the Saturday before her Monday appointment. Cost €10 and the result in fifteen minutes. Your quote seems a bit expensive.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes it does seem too expensive, problem being is time, I have been booked in at the Evangelismos at 10am Saturday for that test, results next day Sunday.
That is cutting it fine time wise as the next day I get the first procedure. Guess I will have to pay the ferryman... At least I will not be paying through the nose for that operation.

Thanks all for the info.
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

As HIC says you can have the PCR test done at the stadium opposite ERA for €28 but prepared for the possibility of long queues as it is so popular.

Also Yiannoukas Medical Laboratories Ltd near Evangelismos does it for €30 - in the same street as Venusta Hair Salon.
Tel. 26220261 is open Monday to Saturday
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

MacManiac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:14 pm
Ann was tested at a private clinic in Polis on the Saturday before her Monday appointment. Cost €10 and the result in fifteen minutes. Your quote seems a bit expensive.
MacM,
I’m willing to bet that was for a rapid test rather than a PCR test, if the hospital are ok with that, all good.

€28 at the stadium is the cheapest I’ve seen for a PCR the company is NIPD labs. Another PCR test provider I’m aware of is WeCare in the Domenica building on the dual carriageway near Alpha Mega and McDonald’s.

Ian
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

PolemIan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:07 am
MacManiac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:14 pm
MacM,
I’m willing to bet that was for a rapid test rather than a PCR test, if the hospital are ok with that, all good.

€28 at the stadium is the cheapest I’ve seen for a PCR the company is NIPD labs. Another PCR test provider I’m aware of is WeCare in the Domenica building on the dual carriageway near Alpha Mega and McDonald’s.

Ian
Whatever test it was, St George’s were more than happy to accept it before Ann’s cataract procedure.
Last edited by MacManiac on Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Good news this morning a friend of our has a basic Covid test at the New Medicare centre, it covers what I needed and is accepted by the St Georg PH..

Cost €10.....I was only in the Centre for 15 minutes.
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

New Medicare centre
Location please!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Just drive past the Evangelismos Hospital with it on your right hand side,over the lights you come to some shops on the left, the Lab is called ''Medicare''tel 26352352 The St George did not want to see my Covid test that cost €10...

By the way I had one of my Cataract and Lens replaced the results on Monday amazing the difference, if you need this minor surgery do not hesitate..
Jim.