Safepass

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Safepass

Post by lotus »

A friend of mine is trying to download his safe pass but due to not being registered with Gesy he has no reference number,can you use MEU number instead or any suggestions?,he's not flying for a couple of weeks,I could not get mine as not registered but have been assured I don't need it for my flight on Sunday
bmwx5

Re: Safepass

Post by bmwx5 »

Your post is a little confusing do you mean the EUDCC for travel within the EU ? The person needs to have been vaccinated with first and second doses. The vaccination certificate in paper form is the SafePass. I am non GESY but recieved both my vaccinations and can download the EUDCC as my MEU number was my reference both for it and my SafePass
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Lotus, your friend must surely have a number which was written on the vaccination certificate
Trev..
lotus

Post by lotus »

Sorry yes got confused! He's had all the vaccinations and will get the PCR test nearer his flight time,yes it is the EUDCC form he was trying to download,will try his MEU number,thanks
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

I'm trying to download the eudcc but don't receive the OTP call to my UK mobile phone.
I'm double vaccinated in Cyprus and have the paper certificate.
dodo

Post by dodo »

If still no joy ring 1474 explain the problem they'll take your details plus( passport/ yellow slip) whichever you used and your phone number, give it 15 mins then try again.
I was told they didn't have my phone number that's why I didn't receive the otp code.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I have called 1474 several times checked my details all correct but still no OTP sent to my mobile. Have been advised to go to Citizens Advice centre
cactus

Post by cactus »

I'm ashamed to say that I am completely bewildered by all this. When I had my second dose of the vaccine my GP told me that I would, within that week, be able to download a copy of my certificate onto my phone, which is of course preferable to carting a tatty piece of paper around. Is this facility only for people who want to travel in or out of the country? I have searched all the available Apps and asked the Facebook "Oracle" that never gives a straight or polite answer to anything, and am more in the dark now than I was when I started. Could anyone on this (much friendlier) forum shed some light on this matter please?
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Cactus,

As Les Bean said above, if you are in Cyprus you can use your little blue vaccination certificate that the vaccination team gave you on your first jab and updated with your second. That’s what we use, the originals are kept safe and home and we have laminated copies when out and about.

THe EU Digital Certificate is available to download from an EU webpage. You can also use this when about and about in Cyprus, either a printed copy of the digital certificate or you load it onto an app on your phone, the Official one is called CovPass on the Apple app store for example. If you use this version of proof of vaccination in Cyprus to go into shops, in my experience some stores may ask for a second ID.

If you want to travel as a Cypriot resident to another EU country, or return to Cyprus, the EU Digital certificate is as of last week, the only valid form of proof.

The certificate is easy to obtain, it’s via the orange box on this webpage

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/eng

When on that page:
- change language to English (EN) at the top of the page
- then click on the start here button at the bottom of the page
- then choose what type of document you want, in this case it’s the first option for Vaccination
- the next step will ask you for some details so it can find your document in the system, these need to tie in with whatever is on your little blue vaccination certificate
- in my case we used our MEU3 details, so you you would:
- change the drop down box from Cypriot ID card to Alien Registration Certificate
- type in the MEU3 umber as written on your vaccination and
- enter your DOB

You SHOULD then get a text message to the same phone number that was used to confirm your vaccination appointment, if you put a different number in, it won’t send the code as it no doubt thinks it’s a fraudulent attempt to obtain a certificate.

- then enter that code on the screen and it should download your digital certificate which you’d can then save as a PDF and save, print it from the screen or email it to yourself. I found it prints better after downloading rather than doing a print straight from the screen.

- then, if you want to, and you’ve a smartphone and got the app I mentioned above, or one similar, you can scan the QR code and add to the app so you don’t need to carry paper. It will ask for a TAN code - this an alphanumeric code printed on the certificate.

The user guide is linked below. If you want to do this, have a look at this first as it describes what I’ve written above with screenshots so if and when you have a go it will look a bit more familiar to you

https://wiki.eudcc.gov.cy/en/DCC_Manual ... n_2021.pdf

Hope this helps. All sounds a bit complicated but in practice it took me less than 2 minutes.

Ian
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

called 003572285757 they said they had my UK mobile number incorrect even though the last 4 digits were correct, waited an hour and downloaded the certificate
cactus

Post by cactus »

Thank you all for you helpful replies. I worry that there is so much I don't know nowadays, I used to think I was reasonably intelligent!