Secret Valley

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Secret Valley

Post by Dominic »

Secret Valley lies on the South Coast of Cyprus, between Paphos and Pissouri. It is close to Aphrodite's Rock, and consists of a prestigious Golfing resort as well as highly desirable villas and apartments.

In this drive we start at the top of the valley, amongst the villas, and drive down towards the ocean. We then cut back up through the course itself to the clubhouse, before returning to the coast road.

For a map of the route:

https://www.paphoslife.com/film/secret-valley-2106
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jagwheels

Re: Secret Valley

Post by jagwheels »

Isn't this where one of your members lives? If so I would be very Happy :D

Once again it's nice to see places we have visited (wifes a golfer so had to put it the to do list)
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Not sure about " highly desirable villas and apartments"

It's like a ghost town a lot of the time, and an issue with burlaries
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They just say that to keep people like you from visiting.
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

They have much nicer pavements than my area!

The way the music kept building up made me think you were going to take off at one point!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:46 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:46 pmThey just say that to keep people like you from visiting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, we keep out the riff-raff, only those wot have breeding allowed to live here.
Rules me out then :lol:
JimX

Post by JimX »

And me....nice smart properties lovely area, sorry Lloyd but i think rather soulless. Plus I cannot afford the property prices. :(
Jim.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

We bought here in 2015, best decision we have ever made...........................fantastic place from our perspective. Only downside it is a bloody long way from Porto Antica
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

I was told that some of the residents have formed an escape committee 🤫 Only joking...
WHL

Post by WHL »

HIC, a few years back, I seem to remember being taken to a Chinese restaurant there, or is my memory playing tricks on me?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:59 am No, there are no amenities in SV, there just isn't sufficient population to support them. Aphrodite Hills just up the road has a supermarket and a few restaurants, but we never go to them so couldn't tell you what they are. Nearby Kouklia village has around 9 restaurants, but almost all taverna type. There used to be a combined Chinese/Indian in Mandria, but that changed a few years ago into a pseudo Italian.
Good job my wife has a better memory then me, Jasmine restaurant Aphrodite hills . :?
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lloyd as I said nice area and excellent expensive properties, personally prefer Sea Caves area offers far more, no near by Golf course for those that must, but eating out and shopping far better, unfortunately I will have to live with my humble bungalow. Sea Caves and SV I cannot afford either. ;)

Has anyone kept the golf course to their right hand side and drove down the historic Roman Road past the house stables?
Jim.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

jimX
I rode there many years ago with a friend staying at the resort has amazing views on some of the tracks we hacked out in the evening and arrived back at dusk

WHL
The Jasmine was very good when the hotel first opened but gradually went down hill like all the other restaurants in the village square
WHL

Post by WHL »

Yioula wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:13 pm jimX
I rode there many years ago with a friend staying at the resort has amazing views on some of the tracks we hacked out in the evening and arrived back at dusk

WHL
The Jasmine was very good when the hotel first opened but gradually went down hill like all the other restaurants in the village square
This was a few years back, I think we really enjoyed the chinese, but then again I would eat a scabby donkey if I was hungry :lol:
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

WHL
I think the last time I ate there was around 9 years ago friends were staying on AHR but it had definitely gone down
I haven’t been there since TUI took over the reins !!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

JimX wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:32 pm Lloyd as I said nice area and excellent expensive properties, personally prefer Sea Caves area offers far more, no near by Golf course for those that must, but eating out and shopping far better, unfortunately I will have to live with my humble bungalow. Sea Caves and SV I cannot afford either. ;)

Has anyone kept the golf course to their right hand side and drove down the historic Roman Road past the house stables?
That will be on a future film. We went there the same trip we made this film.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, Jim, I have, we drove along it starting just after the AHR and golf course. We passed the stables too, but continued along it until we had passed the area where Pissouri lies , which is to the right and on the far side of the highway.
Did you know that there were still some of the old Roman Rd road distance markers, if you looked for them? There was also a fairly short distance where the old stone surface of the road was still in situ. Otherwise the road had an uneven earth and stone covering more like a track and a 4x4 vehicle is the best option.