Countdown

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

Countdown

Post by Mandyr »

I’m a big fan of Countdown, watched it for years. I Know it’s very early days as yet but Anne Robinson just doesn’t fit in somehow. The two girls try to be light hearted with her but it doesn’t seem to work, any comments?
memory man

Re: Countdown

Post by memory man »

A very bad choice of presenter by Ch4.

Anne Robinson certainly doesn't fit into the show. :(
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

I wasn't a huge fan of Nick Hewer, but he was 100% better than Anne Robinson. Her trademark 'put downs' have no place on Countdown. Not only is she very irritating, I can't help watching her face -to see if it moves. It doesn't. She seems devoid of any empathy with contestants. I think she could be The Weakest Link - goodbye!
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

After watching since it started I had to give up when Nick Hewer took over as I found him somewhat irritating whilst he tried to force his catchphrase on us.- Id already gone off it a bit with Susie Dent trying to build up her part [ I liked it when there were different people in Dictionary Corner every week ] I cannot believe Anne Robinson is the best choice.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kia Picanto wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:31 pm I wasn't a huge fan of Nick Hewer, but he was 100% better than Anne Robinson. Her trademark 'put downs' have no place on Countdown. Not only is she very irritating, I can't help watching her face -to see if it moves. It doesn't. She seems devoid of any empathy with contestants. I think she could be The Weakest Link - goodbye!
The reason her face doesn't move, is because it has been lifted and stretched to bursting point, with a bit of Botox thrown in, :lol:
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I agree about Nick Hewer and found him very annoying. They should have given it to Jimmy Carr….

Warning, contains adult humour!

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I prefer Street Countdown.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.