Pump

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
garry&jill

Pump

Post by garry&jill »

anyone got any idea where I can buy a small submersible pump to run a water-feature
in my garden I live in the Polis area but I expect I'll need to travel to Paphos at least
many thanks Garry
garry&jill

Re: Pump

Post by garry&jill »

Thanks for that Lloyd I can honestly say I have never ever seen them anywhere but having said that I don't suppose I was looking
understand what you mean about the water evaporating but 's not on very often and the feature is in a sheltered place but sentimental value
for the other half, hence the reason I must repair it for a quiet life
many thanks Garry
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Might be worth trying Tower Electrics too.

Pete
JimX

Post by JimX »

No more than the thousands of swimming pools.
Jim.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Annivia Gardens (Chicken/Russian Road) have a very good selection of water feature pumps, although they're not cheap. Biggest selection I've seen around.

HiC is right that a lot of water is lost by evaporation, so we have a hidden drip from our irrigation system which keeps everything topped up. We don't run our pump continuously - twice a day to give us the pleasant sound or running water!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I've seen them on sale at Lidl occasionally and they are reasonably priced. If you're in no hurry of course.

Jim
emgee

Post by emgee »

On the Polis Road nor far up from Paps on the traffic lights, there is a "fountain" shop. We bought our there several years ago and still working.

Alan
JimX

Post by JimX »

Ronk.

In twenty years I have only ever seen three snakes in Pafos, as for water attracting them of course it will, but maybe when we are not looking?, a water feature will no more attract them than swimming pools, Snakes were here before any of us best we remember this.

You can buy water feature pumps at many outlets, one is the Paphos Home Market in Anavagos.

Hard to find Koi Carp though, although a good friend has several in his pond in our village.. 8-)
Jim.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

A water feature will attract much more the snakes then a busy pool. As there are much more other animals in Summer around quiet wet places, the snakes are waiting there to get their prey. Catching snakes at the forest with Snake George myself he showed me places with little ponds and springs, around were plenty of birds, lizards, with not only one snake but seven of them. Another place you can quite be sure snakes are nearby is the caper bush when in full bloom (May/June) Water features on the other hand for me is a very nice place in the garden to meet with with all the animals you would normally not see in hot Summer. The little water wasting is not really important but you have some work removing algae from time to time and put some bacteria in the water against mossies. Important is that the water don't get too stagnant hence a solar driven water pump makes sense.... I did not want to write a full blog about water features but I could have done....
Max
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

Thanks for all the advice, oddly enough we've never seen a snake in the garden in the last 10 years we've lived here whereas neighbours with no
water-features have I wondered if local cat keeps them at bay
many thanks everybody
garry
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There is a very good DIY shop on the Polis to Paphos Road, just after Stroumpi and just before the petrol station, if you are coming from Polis. We always pop in there to check if they have what we need, before going to Paphos, as their prices are very reasonable. Also, as you enter Mesogi on the B7, you go past a petrol station on the right, before hitting the cross roads. On the right there is another DIY place that will have what you want.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

I agree with Lloyd Sozos is probably the best.