Clearing Agent

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CYWALL

Clearing Agent

Post by CYWALL »

Hi everyone, I need to find a Clearing Agent, could anyone point me in the right direction where I could find one please.
Thanks all.
Chaddy

Re: Clearing Agent

Post by Chaddy »

Not much response to your posting CYWALL.Oh dear,excuse my ignorance but maybe most like me dont know what a " clearing agent " is :?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

When we needed one a few years ago the post office gave us the address of one.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Hi Chaddy,
yes your probably right, I just assumed that people may have known, I have heard of them but have no idea where to find one at the moment, anyway here goes!
I have a buyer for my car that I'm selling, we brought it over from the UK with me when we arrived here 14 years ago
as retirees. Because it was an imported car we had to get over all the usual hurdles at that time to class it as duty free.

Back to to selling it now, because it was imported we had to go to the Customs office in Pafos to let them know we are selling it and get
another lot of paperwork which they provide and stamp, and send by Fax to Nicosia for approval, all done by them.
This was done yesterday, and I go back to Customs to pick the paperwork back from Nicosia when it's back.

Then I I have take the 'Nicosia' paperwork to a 'Clearing Agent'' get another stamped form from him saying it's cleared to sell, then it's back to the Customs office with the Clearing agents form, show Custom, for them to close the case and only then I'll be able to hand my car over to my buyer.
Why Customs can't do the final bit re the 'Clearing' is beyond me, there will be a cost for the ''Clearing Agent'' which I'll inform people of when I can.

The Customs officer I was talking to couldn't tell me where I could find one, except that there's only one in Pafos he said.
Hence my request for help on the forum.
Thanks all.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Thanks Dominic, just read your while giving my reply, I'll try there as well then.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Foda Vechicle Import Service,
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

CYWALL wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:31 am Thanks Dominic, just read your while giving my reply, I'll try there as well then.
I will ask my wife. She was the one who dealt with them. I just drove the car. They were near all the tax offices though.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

MERSTOFAS ENTERPRISES LTD
Marcantoniou Bragadinou, Paphos, Cyprus
CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENTS
Phone: 26946801

Building is easy to find: down the road from Superhome roundabout (stadium) ca 400 m to the right, is just there.
Max
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

It may be worth a chat with Neil and Alison at ANW cars in Tremithousa. They did the import of one of our cars a couple of years ago and I imagine would be pretty clued up on the process. Even ifnot importing an actual car of yours, they may be able to help directly or point you in the right direction.
Ian
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

There is a clearing agent towrads the back of the customs office in Paphos. Down the street (Apriliou1?) at the side that you use to access the car park at the rear. Drive past the car park entrance and it is further along on the left.

Sorry, can't remember the name.
darrow

Post by darrow »

We didn't have all this palaver when we sold our imported car. We did all the customs paperwork ourselves when we imported in 2009. I think it was 2013 when they altered the rules to say you only had to keep the car a year instead of 10 years. We went down to the customs office filled in a form. Took the accompanying customs paperwork and got a new Log book with the memo removed from the new log. When we sold we went to citizens service center and completed the transfer with no problems,
Clearing agents never came into it.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Yes, those were the days I guess darrow.
Yes the rules have changed now with Customs sending you to a clearing agent, AFTER they have processed all the paperwork, just to ''clear'' the vehicle as duty free, it was cleared as duty free when it arrived here 14 years ago!
Then you have to take the ''cleared'' document back to the customs office to enter it into their computer to close the case.

Just for the record that was three visits to the customs office.
1st visit to customs was to let them know your selling the car so they can do the paperwork and send it to Nicosia.
2nd visit was to collect the Nicosia paperwork a day or two later.
3rd visit was to take your now cleared paperwork from the agent back to customs to close the case as stated above.

I used the Agent suggested on this forum and by customs themselves, just down around the corner from the customs office
Here name is Rene, tel 26933236 The cost was 60e and 2e for stamps.
Just to stress this was for an imported vehicle from the UK that I wanted to sell.
Thanks everyone for all your help.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

And thank you for posting the info. It will be useful for somebody else.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

:)