Time for another trip to immigration for expat Brits

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Time for another trip to immigration for expat Brits

Post by trevnhil »

Officially to me includes the post office and the customs there. The card was never intended to be used as a travel document, so like everyone else I use a passport.
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:03 pm Officially to me includes the post office and the customs there. The card was never intended to be used as a travel document, so like everyone else I use a passport.
You are relying on the post office worker to turn a blind eye, to the card not being valid, thank goodness for Cypriots laid back attitude, that's OK until you turn up one day at the post office and the guy behind the counter, tells you he will not accept it, ID cards were intended for travel, Cypriot citizens can use their ID cards, instead of a passport for traveling throughout Europe.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Mine too! Isn't a chocolate teapot.... Its always excepted by the post office and almost anywhere else, used purely for its ID info. It saves carrying my passport on these occasions.
I also carry a copy of my MEU3.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:11 pm Mine too! Isn't a chocolate teapot.... Its always excepted by the post office and almost anywhere else, used purely for its ID info. It saves carrying my passport on these occasions.
Dee
Your expired ID card has a number on it, try putting that on an official form, or give it to someone who asks for your ID number, and then see how you get on,, what you have is a photo on a card, no more no less, which is accepted by lax Cypriot post office workers etc,,,,,
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

WHL wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:45 pm
Kili01 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:11 pm Mine too! Isn't a chocolate teapot.... Its always excepted by the post office and almost anywhere else, used purely for its ID info. It saves carrying my passport on these occasions.
Dee
Your expired ID card has a number on it, try putting that on an official form, or give it to someone who asks for your ID number, and then see how you get on,, what you have is a photo on a card, no more no less, which is accepted by lax Cypriot post office workers etc,,,,,
The number on the ID card is the same number that is on the MEU3 It is your Registration Number
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Mine is as well Alistair.. :-)
Trev..
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Likewise
The same number since days of the pink slip, alien registration book and as issued on the Identity Card which in this area was produced by the District Office.