Fly screen

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tina

Fly screen

Post by tina »

Morning
Can anyone help,
I am after fly screen mesh bigger than 150cm for our big patio door.
I have tried superhome center, paphos home market, one stop diy.
Thanks
Cappielow1

Re: Fly screen

Post by Cappielow1 »

tina

Post by tina »

as requested in post, mesh required, not a tradesmen thanks.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

tina wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:06 pm as requested in post, mesh required, not a tradesmen thanks.
Just thought he might have been able to supply what you needed.

Sorry😏
tina

Post by tina »

Mouse,
Thanks, One stop diy, mesogi I've tried, it needs to be 160 wide x 210 length is the size im after, i guess i keep on looking.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

I would of thought that a visit to any of the double glazing company workshops on one of the local industry areas would be the way to go. There is no standard off the shelf product as frames vary widely in their dimensions.
tina

Post by tina »

Mouse,
Thanks for that, you hit the nail on the head, ref companies wanting you to use them, well if i can do the job myself i will and get the satisfaction that I've done it myself, I've changed door/window screens myself, if a man can do it, well this female will have a bloody good go
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

I have bought mesh from Paphos Home Market in the past. Can't remember the size but it was on a roll and I bought about 2m of it, enough to do one of a pair of sliding patio doors.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

eBay choice of colours sizes etc
darrow

Post by darrow »

Changing the mesh is easy, pickle out the old rubber. Lay the mesh under the frame, cut with a border slightly larger all the way round. Make sure its square on, after laying it on the frame with the "gutter" upside. I used a flat wooden spatula to push the rubber gasket in. Keep the rubber tensioned, but not too much, to give a nice flat tight finish. Snip off excess rubber. Have you tried the DIY on the right hand side at Tremthousa lights, as you turn into the village? Can't remember the name. Good luck!
tina

Post by tina »

darrow wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:58 am Changing the mesh is easy, pickle out the old rubber. Lay the mesh under the frame, cut with a border slightly larger all the way round. Make sure its square on, after laying it on the frame with the "gutter" upside. I used a flat wooden spatula to push the rubber gasket in. Keep the rubber tensioned, but not too much, to give a nice flat tight finish. Snip off excess rubber. Have you tried the DIY on the right hand side at Tremthousa lights, as you turn into the village? Can't remember the name. Good luck!
See it's that easy,
That is the next place I'm trying.
Thanks
darrow

Post by darrow »

tina wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:49 pm
darrow wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:58 am Changing the mesh is easy, pickle out the old rubber. Lay the mesh under the frame, cut with a border slightly larger all the way round. Make sure its square on, after laying it on the frame with the "gutter" upside. I used a flat wooden spatula to push the rubber gasket in. Keep the rubber tensioned, but not too much, to give a nice flat tight finish. Snip off excess rubber. Have you tried the DIY on the right hand side at Tremthousa lights, as you turn into the village? Can't remember the name. Good luck!
See it's that easy,
That is the next place I'm trying.
Thanks
Yes, it is! Forgot to say, when you push the net into the gutter as you push in the rubber, allow enough net to do this , about 20cm. Any excess afterwards, just cut off! I have done several and I am the same gender as you. Hope you find a supplier somewhere.