Airport positives

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sheer Khan

Airport positives

Post by Sheer Khan »

14 positive tests at the airports yesterday out of 3,550 tests, what happens to the passengers on the same flights as those who unfortunately tested positive, no information now as to where they came from.
Mike1940

Re: Airport positives

Post by Mike1940 »

It would be of interest if we could see where those passengers travelled from and as sheerKhan says what is happening to the other passengers.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The government have stopped giving out too much information, presumably because when they do it gets misinterpreted by people who really don't know what they are talking about.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I guess that the Govt are doing the best they can to stop those people who test positive at the airport from entering the hotels etc and I think that they have a some sort of Rehab centre Larnaca way where these people are sent until they test negative,...
I also think that I have seen in the media, that people who have been in Close contact with any infected person also have to socially isolate themselves in their hotel room, probably for 10 days. But this news wasn't recent, as now much less about this is mentioned in the media.
Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Possibly along the lines of the procedures in this official document starting at Q15 on Page 7:

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... Cyprus.pdf
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Last year it was reported that those within a set number of rows of seats on the aircraft from those who tested positive were contacted and told to isolate.

Ian
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

It’s usually within 2 rows of passengers seated next to a positive case that would be contacted. At present, most arrivals in to Cyprus are from Russia, which is also seeing a massive increase in Covid cases recently. The airport test results come quite fast, but the positives would have been in their hotels for hours by the time results come through.

The new procedure in Larnaka is to check paperwork at the end of the jet bridge, vaccine certificates and PCR’s etc. This causes a massive bottleneck of people with no distancing. Paphos airport are still locking people in the holding pens before sending them to test for certain flight arrivals. Much room for improvement at both airports. Important to note though that only 2% of cases are imported, the rest are home grown.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Well there were 76 positive tests yesterday 12 of them at the airports