GB news

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

GB news

Post by Sadie »

Has anyone watched the new News channel GB news?
Can’t seem to find it on our system
Anyone know where it might be on our SOS mag box?
Thanks
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
PhotoLady

Re: GB news

Post by PhotoLady »

No idea and I live in UK, but it's certainly not a channel I would be actively seeking out...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

This channel appeared on our Mag box tonight under “News”. We use the Swiss provider.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Channel 515 on Sky
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Well I have just spent fifteen minutes of my life (that I will never have again) watching GB News. Dark studio, appalling sound and picture quality and four people sitting round a table reviewing the morning papers. They constantly interrupted each other and there was little sense of direction. I have always enjoyed watching Andrew Neil interviewing politicians but …

It can only improve but I suspect I will not be there to see it.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

You only need to look at the list of ‘presenters’ to realise it will be crap

Also, the advertisers are bailing out big time…. Might be lucky to see the summer
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Some advertisers are withdrawing because of concerted campaigns by the left. All that does is stoke the "cancel culture" flames.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

I dont think its rocket science,,if your for the GB news your on the right,if your on the left you will not watch it.The choice is yours.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Andrew Neil’s had his say….

Since GB News launched on Sunday night our young and diverse team of reporters across the country have covered... Nissan’s plans to invest more in Sunderland - Regeneration in Skegness - Whisky production in Hawick- Pressures on the hospitality sector in Newcastle - The pollution charge in Birmingham- Housebuilding in Brighouse - Flooding in Bedfordshire - Scotland’s fan zone in Glasgow - The struggles of the wedding industry in Ipswich - Covid infection rates in Bolton - Vaccinations in Abergavenny - The debate over Irish language lessons in Belfast. - And, of course, Wales’s wonderful Euros win in Cardiff.

Some of these stories you won’t see on other news channels. All of them are important to the communities involved. And not a scintilla of hate in any of them. We’ve interviewed the Chancellor of the Exchequer, reported on growing anti-semitism in London and covered the country’s many mental health problems. Again not an iota of hate in sight.

Indeed the only hate this channel has broadcast was when we showed film of a BBC Newsnight reporter being attacked by a baying anti-lockdown mob. And we condemned that unreservedly.

Yet a number of companies, some of them well-known brands, have decided to stop advertising on GB News. They’ve bowed to pressure from a fringe group called Stop Funding Hate, a misnomer if ever there was one. It is quite remarkable that serious executives and well-established companies can be so easily cowed. They have all taken the knee to Stop Funding Hate.It is important they — and you — realise to whom they are in thrall.

SFH does not stand for a liberal, inclusive society. It is dominated by far left agitators and cranks that push for advertiser boycotts of any media organisation with which it disagrees. Its default position is to smear anything it takes against as a peddler of hate. In GB News’s case, SFH started rounding up the lynch mob four months before we had even started broadcasting. So I don’t think we’re talking open minds here.

If advertisers want to see real hate they should have a look at the social media postings of SFH’s supporters. They smear and threaten businesses and people who won’t do their bidding with words like “vile”, “scum”, “toxic” — and many more words we can’t repeat here. Yet through fear or ignorance some companies do as SFH bids.

Woke nonsense has reached the boardroom and corporate capitalism is becoming the useful idiot of bigots bent on censorship. Now I understand that in some cases it was not the bosses of the brands that pulled their ads but their advertising agencies. Fair enough. There’s still time for you to have a word with your agencies, which risk doing you huge harm. But all these brands should understand that this boycott business can play both ways.

GB News viewers are incensed with advertisers who’ve taken against us. Many have written to tell them so. And their numbers are growing. For three nights in a row this show has been the number one rated show in its timeslot on any news channel available in the UK.Add our audience, friends, allies and sympathisers together and we can muster millions of supporters on social media. Not a good idea to be on the wrong end of them. We will not go there. We have more important work to do. We want to provide a high-quality news channel which reputable advertisers are proud to use and which delivers great results for them.

So far not a single example of hate has been given in evidence to justify the boycott. But this programme issues a standing invitation to the boss of any company or agency that thinks to the contrary — to come on air. We’ll look at your examples and discuss them together. Our studio door is open. Because now you’re in the politics business — and that’s where you are when you succumb to political pressure — then you, like politicians, have to be held to account.

https://www.gbnews.uk/shows/andrew-neil ... ews/106889
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I watched it twice. That was enough. It is just a discussion between them. No thanks.
All things are possible
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37 pm I dont think its rocket science,,if your for the GB news your on the right,if your on the left you will not watch it.The choice is yours.
Sorry, had to be done
Your as in belongs to you
You’re as in you are
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What about your own punctuation?
WHL

Post by WHL »

I really dont understand why people are getting so hot under the collar, I have an on/off button on my radio/TV. I can listen/watch hundreds of news channels, no one is putting a gun to anyone's head to listen to any of them.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Les Bean wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 am Theirs a hole discussion possible on weather grammer, punctuation, apostrophe's and so on is important
and spelling 'whole' :evil:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ha ha ha...
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Les Bean wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 am Theirs a hole discussion possible on weather grammer, punctuation, apostrophe's and so on is important
I left school at fifteen, with a very basic education, thank God for spell check, I also have to Google to see what some words mean when I read posts by Devil , (im sure that guy eats dictionary's for breakfast), :lol: so to me its not a problem if some forum members make spelling mistakes, life's too short and all that jazz.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

:lol: :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Same for me as well :-(
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The file limit is 1024x1024, max 256K, as it has always been.

If you want to share images bigger than that, or in a more modern format, then share them to our Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paphoschat

Incidentally, if you save an image that you have shared to Facebook, you may well find that FB has reduced it for you.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Forum users must be accompanied with a child when uploading files 😀