Martiri Gorge

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Martiri Gorge

Post by Dominic »

A few days ago we introduced you to Martiri Bridge. That was pretty impressive, but in truth it was merely the starter. To experience the main course, you need to go below the ancient stone structure, and visit the gorge that runs beneath it...

Read the article and chat about it below...

martiri-gorge_masthead.jpg
martiri-gorge_masthead.jpg (211.46 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Martiri Gorge

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well done Dominic. Very impressive blog and images. Specially the movie of the gorge is so great. You are obviously talented to produce this type of adventure film which could for sure attract more tourists to come to Cyprus, if they only know it.

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Glad you liked it. The water was bloody cold!
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Wow, just wow !
Louise :)
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Absolutely stunning. Venturing into places only the very brave would attempt I have to question your sanity :lol: :lol: :lol: but always look forward to seeing them
CyprusSue

Post by CyprusSue »

Wow!....wonderful and stunning. You certainly love an adventure Dominic!....daring to venture into these deeply hidden places. Hope you didn't meet any snakes! The video was a great idea. Loved it all.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Nature at its best totally amazing Dominic you are becoming an “Indiana Jones with these outstanding adventures.....loved it
the hidden treasures of this beautiful island
memory man

Post by memory man »

Aren't we lucky on PL to have someone who gives
up his own time to make all these videos which we
can enjoy.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes we are MM. No doubt he enjoys the 'work' but it does take the time up.
Trev..
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Visited the bridge and gorge today. We had great fun. Very grateful to Dominic for clearing the path down beforehand. Only one scratch! The glade area was full of electric blue dragonflies (or damselflies). Beautiful. Thanks again for the blog.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

memory man wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 pm Aren't we lucky on PL to have someone who gives
up his own time to make all these videos which we
can enjoy.
Yes, that’s for sure.

I wouldn’t mind betting that Dom and family have seen more of the island than many of the people that have here for a lot longer.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well Paphos Life is my (and Alex's) business. Not so much the forum, but the website, along with the blogs, films, directory etc. A lot comes from doing social media marketing for various companies, but the blogs and videos earn their keep in the form of banner and google advertising.

I have to say though, that is heartening to read so many nice words, and especially posts like Jeanne's. If I was 100% commercial I would concentrate on hotel reviews and blogs and stuff like that. By far and away the most popular films I publish, for instance, are drives around Kato Paphos or to Coral Bay. I will be lucky if the film that goes with this blog gets seen by one tenth of the people. But, and it is a huge but, it is this kind of blog that I really enjoy the most. The saving grace for its lack of popularity compared to a Kato Paphos Beach Blog, is that the place won't get swamped by visitors, and the litter that would doubtless follow.

So thank you Jeanne, MM, Yioula and everybody else for your kind words. I am glad I was able to share such a lovely place with you. The third part of the series will be published soon. We've just returned from a week in Protaras, so it will take a day or two to be completed, as I will have to knock out some tourist-friendly content in the meantime. But it will be worth the wait.