Ryanair, Paphos to Liverpool flight 4th July,

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Ryanair, Paphos to Liverpool flight 4th July,

Post by lotus »

Just had mine cancelled for July 4th!.oh dear!! Also heard EJ flight cancelled as well,presume same day,looks like BA will get a booking from me!
Iris 2

Re: Ryanair, Paphos to Liverpool flight 4th July,

Post by Iris 2 »

It's all getting a bit silly now! I've defended EJ right the way through the pandemic as none of this is their fault, and we need the airlines to keep running for our long term benefit.

But no flights now available until the 17th July - although when I've contacted them they have stated that the flight is still showing as running! So until they formally cancel the flight we are in limbo as I don't want to commit to BA just yet for obvious reasons!

Very frustrating!

On a slightly separate topic has anyone made the return trip from the UK yet? Having had a quick look it looks as though we will need to pay £80 for return tests on day 2 & 8 as well as approx €40 in Paphos a couple of days before we return (including the kids) - we are a family of 4 so nearly £500 in tests! But as we will have had both jabs it looks as though we won't need a PCR test to enter Cyprus?

The day 2 & 8 rule seems a strange one when we will need to quarantine for the 10 days (unless we pay for a further test on day 5!) - why not just day 8?

Cheers

Darrell
lotus

Post by lotus »

That's what makes me v cross, still showing flights and potentionaly taking your money but with no intention of flying,surely there must be a law against this?,good luck Iris 2 anyway
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

EJ still flying on the 1st, 8th and 15th according to their website. We're booked on the 1st and it is letting me check in at the moment
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

The Luton schedule doesn't start now until the 17th if you try and book - but like you Princeebytor it's allowing us to check-in etc. Annoying as they have done this before and we know they will notify us at some point that the flight is cancelled!
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Thanks for the heads up Iris. This is the fifth time I have rearranged this particular flight...............I'll keep a close watch and see what happens
lotus

Post by lotus »

But at the end of the day taking money from people knowing full well they aren't going to fly is wrong,I hope as a business man you wouldn't take money from customers promising to do something and then letting them down with no warning time and time again,as a small business you wouldn't last long,the only difference is these airlines have access to large funds to prop them up
WHL

Post by WHL »

At the beginning of this pandemic, I posted that the airlines were giving no guarantees that flights advertised were in fact going to fly, and I for one wasn't going to give them interest free loans, you would think that people being stung once would not keep booking flights one after the other, only to be disappointed over and over, but they do
lotus

Post by lotus »

Yes WHL I agree with you,but if you need to get back you have to take a chance and keep booking,it's different for people who don't need to go back and I can see their point of view,if you had to go back for some crisis would you not book a flight even though there's probably a slim chance it will go?
WHL

Post by WHL »

lotus wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:26 am Yes WHL I agree with you,but if you need to get back you have to take a chance and keep booking,it's different for people who don't need to go back and I can see their point of view,if you had to go back for some crisis would you not book a flight even though there's probably a slim chance it will go?
Believe me I have been in a very difficult situation, were family have not been well, and needed to get back, as has my wife whos mother is in a bad way, but booking non existent flights will not get us back to the UK.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Why not just wait and keep your money in your pocket until you see they are actually flying to an advertised schedule?

We have a package holiday booked with easyJet for later this year and cannot complain about their service at all. It was a package originally booked going to Tenerife last year but we didn't feel comfortable with the type of holiday we would be getting if it went ahead so took advantage of the option to cancel 28 days before departure and before our final balance was due.
Our deposits paid were held on our account under our booking reference for 12 months in readiness for us to rebook another package holiday.
We did just that a few weeks ago with the same cancellation policy and saved over £850 by comparison to Jet2Holidays to same hotel, board basis, duration and almost similar flight times.

We're not going to fly if any kind of testing is in place though, so are waiting with interest to see what develops over the next few months.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
lotus

Post by lotus »

HIC yes there are quiete a few flights coming in to Paphos but nearly all are from Greece or Israel so not a lot of good!
harveywinning

Post by harveywinning »

We arrived back in Cyprus late Wednesday evening on Ryanair from Stansted. Flight was 80% full. Ryanair are operating daily from Stansted and just verified this on Flight Radar 24. Flight arrived early. Mind you it was a bit jolly on the flight - said they had run out of food - only alcohol available!