England win 1-0.....Ah but.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

England win 1-0.....Ah but.

Post by Chaddy »

Happy drinkers in the local tavern after yesterdays England win.But one guy said it was not a big deal as England as fifteen times the population of Croatia and should have won by a bigger margin.Watch he said,when England have to face some real opposition...Do you agree?
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: England win 1-0.....Ah but.

Post by Dominic »

They beat the finalists of the last world cup, so that says something. I would find some different drinking companions as this bloke sounds like a crashing bore.

As Gary Lineker kept reminding us, in between mouthfuls of crisps, this was the first opening game in the EU championships that England have actually won. But football is a funny old game, and a game of two halves. So at the end of the day, it's the team that score the most goals that come out the winners, innit?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Back to this game: I was not that impressed by the performance of the English team. The first 1/2 hour was OK, obviously also a big advantage to play at Wembley WITH 22000 visitors first time after long Corona break. Later on they had no many ideas and specially Kane with only 15 ball contacts in the first half underperformed. The only danger appeared with long passes or long goal kicks and reminded me a bit of the old English style to play football in the past... Anyhow what counts is that they won against a Croatian team which beat them 2:1 in the last world cup. I wonder how the Germans will perform tomorrow with their last games under the old coach...

Max
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I am not a football fan at all, much prefer Rugby. However, I do watch any sport that involves the England teams. I thought that England should have won by three goals. Too many open goal shots missed.
All things are possible
ast

Post by ast »

I disagree Max I thought it was a good solid performance from a young England side, hopefully more to come.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
J B

Post by J B »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:06 am The only danger appeared with long passes or long goal kicks and reminded me a bit of the old English style to play football in the past...
Sorry, Max, but the 'media' have decided that 'old style' football is not entertaining and that we must be subjected to endless tip-tap from one centre half to another ... then back to the goalie ... and repeat .... 😴
J B
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:06 am I wonder how the Germans will perform tomorrow with their last games under the old coach...Max
Not very well I am afraid :shock:
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

France will win the tournament in my opinion, The Germans should of had this idiot sent off, for biting Pogba,

El tel

Post by El tel »

I gave up watching football some years ago after my local team wore armbands for a month after the groundsmans guinea pig died ;)

Terry