Snakes hunt for water leading to increased sightings

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Snakes hunt for water leading to increased sightings

Post by Paphos Life »

Reports of snakes being seen in places where people have never seen them before is not because Cyprus snake population is spiralling, officials have said.The reason is far more mundane: the drought. Lack of winter rain has forced snakes to move about more to find water and food....

Read the article and chat about it below...
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Snakes hunt for water leading to increased sightings

Post by cyprusmax47 »

"Reports of snakes being seen in places where people have never seen them before".......CMail

This exactly happened to me a few days ago when I heard a strange noise, coming from outside the large sliding door at my office, which was locked.
When I had a look, I was face to face with a young snake which tried to have access to my room, climbing up the window.
I rushed to get my camera ready but the moment i touched the window with the camera lens the black snake run off before I was able to photograph it. However I could see now the full length of it and guessing app 1.50 long it was. I wonder if it was a offspring from the large snake I had in the garden a couple of years ago... (photos below) which was >2 m in size

comfortable home

Max
Galini

Re: Snakes hunt for water leading to increased sightings

Post by Galini »

Black Whip snake - the one you DO want around as they prey on the Blunt Nosed Viper, among other things.