CHANGING A UK DRIVING LICENCE TO A CYPRUS LICENCE.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CYWALL

CHANGING A UK DRIVING LICENCE TO A CYPRUS LICENCE.

Post by CYWALL »

Hi everyone, my wife is changing her UK driving Licence to a Cyprus one to beat the 7th July deadline.
I know this has been discussed but I can't find the thread. One of the requirements is to take proof of residency for the last six months,
in the form of service bills.
We sold our house 9 months ago and have rented since with all utility bills in the landlords name, we have a signed contract stating this.
Would this be sufficient proof when we visit the One Stop Shop once we get our appointment.

Of course we can provide our own bank statements to use as proof of residency for the same period and more, but the bank charges 2euros per sheet to print off, just to show a utility payment by us once every couple of months, it could be a lot of money!
Thanks all for any info.
J B

Re: CHANGING A UK DRIVING LICENCE TO A CYPRUS LICENCE.

Post by J B »

CYWALL wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 am I know this has been discussed but I can't find the thread.................
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14888

Also rather amusingly discussed here
http://www.easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=113244
J B
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

J B wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:58 am
CYWALL wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 am I know this has been discussed but I can't find the thread.................
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14888

Also rather amusingly discussed here
http://www.easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=113244
Thanks JB, an older post of mine discussing International driving licences, but that doesn't cover my recent post regarding
changing from UK licence to a Cypriot one.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Does your landlord show you the electricity bill every time he wants you to pay it?
I don't think that the authorities will accept it, as your contract is not legal unless signed and stamped by a lawyer.
Also your landlord is probably doing this to avoid paying tax on his income from the rent
David
J B

Post by J B »

CYWALL wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:31 am Thanks JB, an older post of mine discussing International driving licences, but that doesn't cover my recent post regarding
This one? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14730

Or click on your profile and search your posts ...
J B
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

J B wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:12 pm
CYWALL wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:31 am Thanks JB, an older post of mine discussing International driving licences, but that doesn't cover my recent post regarding
This one? viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14730

Or click on your profile and search your posts ...
Thanks again JB, but no not that one :-) That's the one where I was enquiring about my own Cypriot licence which was coming up for renewal in August next.
What I'm looking for at the moment is advice regarding my wife's UK licence, she wants to change it to a Cyprus one before the deadline of July 7th.
Thanks again though.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Uncle D wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:21 pm Does your landlord show you the electricity bill every time he wants you to pay it?
I don't think that the authorities will accept it, as your contract is not legal unless signed and stamped by a lawyer.
Also your landlord is probably doing this to avoid paying tax on his income from the rent
Hi Uncle D,
What you've written is not an issue, It's all above board, we insisted we get copies of the original utility bills via our phones from the start, so we can pay them into their bank account when our rent is due, we then get a receipt off the bank showing the payments we have made, all that part works well, but of course the services are not in our name and just paying rent doesn't count as you have to prove to Citizens Advice you actually live here, and don't just pay rent.
The rental contract says the utilities are in his name and he has signed the contract.
So, back to my original question, would this signed contract stating the above be accepted at the Citizens Advice Bureau.
Thanks
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

It seems that the only way is to go and find out
David
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

CYWALL, why don't you phone the Citizens Service Centre & ask them what proof they will accept as they are the only ones who can give you the correct information.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Tuppence wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:14 pm CYWALL, why don't you phone the Citizens Service Centre & ask them what proof they will accept as they are the only ones who can give you the correct information.
Phoned a number of times Tuppence, no reply on a few and got cut off twice while they were ''transferring me''. I decided to go to the main post office and ask for an appointment and was told to leave in no uncertain terms and make an appointment by phone, they wouldn't even hear me out, shouting me down in fact.
So, I thought I'd ask on here.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

How strange. I was in the Post Office last week and got the two forms for an over 70's licence renewal, and they also gave me a sheet of paper with all the required documents needed ..
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

What are the required other documents Trev?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

6 months proof of residence out of the last 12 months .. This could be Social insurance. Electric bill, water bill. For those people who have the bills in their spouses name a marrige certificate is needed.
In all cases original papers and photo copies are needed.
Vaalid permit of residence from Immigration, original and photo copies.
A signed and stamped form from the doctor.
The application form..
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

Thanks Trev.
Much appreciated.
memory man

Post by memory man »

My licence is not due until mid next year.
Mrs Mm is due the year after me ....................... would she have to produce the same type of documents?
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:43 pm How strange. I was in the Post Office last week and got the two forms for an over 70's licence renewal, and they also gave me a sheet of paper with all the required documents needed ..
Hi trevnhil, well, I wish I had the same luck as you had, far from it, I was quite shocked to be honest.
As it happens, apart from my wife wanting to change her UK licence hence the posts, I need to renew my over 70's Cypriot licence
in August as I'll be 73.
Could I ask you what two forms they gave you with your list, as I thought only one form was needed for renewal, the application form.
I understand the extras needed as on your list described.
Thanks trevnhil
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

memory man wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:58 pm My licence is not due until mid next year.
Mrs Mm is due the year after me ....................... would she have to produce the same type of documents?
I would think Yes M M
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

CYWALL wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:46 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:43 pm How strange. I was in the Post Office last week and got the two forms for an over 70's licence renewal, and they also gave me a sheet of paper with all the required documents needed ..
Hi trevnhil, well, I wish I had the same luck as you had, far from it, I was quite shocked to be honest.
As it happens, apart from my wife wanting to change her UK licence hence the posts, I need to renew my over 70's Cypriot licence
in August as I'll be 73.
Could I ask you what two forms they gave you with your list, as I thought only one form was needed for renewal, the application form.
I understand the extras needed as on your list described.
Thanks trevnhil
CYWALL The forms are the licence application form TOM 7
And the Medical form TOM 153e
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Recently changed mine I was told the medical form is for those aged 70 yrs or if you want to keep other categories of vehicle ie Small lorry , mini bus, motor bike. Otherwise they will only give you Cat B saloon cars and pick ups. Fairly easy process took 21 days to get my credit card type license.